Keeping you informed

Cal Blacksmith

I said I would say more about the surgery when there was more, so here it is.

I worked my last day for the year at Boeing on Monday, today, is prep day for surgery, you know, liquids only, and medication to "flush you out" so that is what I am doing now. The suregery is on the 9th, tomorow, at 7:30 AM Pacific time. The surgery is about two hours with an hour in recovery. Then three days in the hospitial and then home to recover. I hope to be able to update positive news on about Monday or so.

Wayne,

Just yesterday, I was thinking about your surgery tomorrow. Sounds like you've done all the research and went through a lot of careful consideration. I'm sure you'll be successful. Best wishes.

Well put, Homely little brother..............Best of Luck to you Cal, it will be fine, you'll see!!!!

• Moderators

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine. I was with my friend all day, the one who had the same thing done over a year ago, he said it was the best thing he had done for himself .

Will be looking for the good news the first half of next week !

• Moderators

Thanks so much everyone. This is really a family here and I do feel you all pulling for me. In just about 12 hours from this post, I will be on my way to the OR! I need to check in by 5:15AM for my 7:30 surgery time. Thanks all, when I come out the other side and can contact the board, I will!

It's been exactly 12 hours now.... Sending you happy thoughts!