Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2000 Mustang was cool, till my daughter started drivng, then it became her cool car.

My 2000 Audi TT then became my new cool car. My wife started to eye it, so bough her an expidition.

My son soon got his licesne and started to eye the Audi, so took him out and got him a Kia with a complete sports package.

Shortly there after, my youngest son go his license and also wanted the keys to the Audi. A trip to maine to pickup a 96 Camaro Z28, with a full sports package, T-Tops, and 31K miles solved that problem.

So the Audio TT remains my cool car, for now anyway.

I bought this when I was 19 and restored it from the ground up. 15 years later, it is still sitting in my garage. Unfortunaltely it does not get driven that much. At the time I bought it, I never gave it much thought, but it has been a terrific investment.

Jeremy

post-17815-13819317725016_thumb.jpg

I had a Mercur XR4Ti (turbocharged 2 door sport couple built by Ford in Kohn, Germany) that I loved. Was in a parking lot in the Lake Lillinonah marina on New Years Eve doing doughnuts with a buddy, threw the fan belt without noticing. Engine eventually overheated to the point where it died. Opened hood, turbo housing was glowing bright bright cherry red. Threw snow on it till it cooled down. Next day found turbo waste gate had welded shut. Drove the car anyway for awhile... turbo boost was awsome with gate welded shut. Eventually holed a piston.

Traded car toward a Subaru SVX.

Both were very unusual cars, never saw many on the road when driving them. Both performed well. Liked SVX better. SVX totaled in t-bone collision (not my fault) in 2002. Since then have been driving boring cars, currently 2006 Jetta.

I got  a 68 GTX with the 440 super comando 4 speed ..17 fresh out of high school & kept it until i was 32 and .....dont have a pic on my computer but a few times i buried the speedometer witch went to 15 witch is 150 mph with about an inch to go after you couldnt see the needle it must have been about 160 or more but it was like floating on the higway everything was a blur. nothing like being ble to spin the tires at 110 mph shifting into 4th gear. good to see some MOPAR members here. thats the best  KLIPSCH & MOPAR POWER ...GEE WE HAVE GOOD TASTE..THE CLASICS RULE 

THE ONLY THING THAT SOUNDS BETTER THAN MY KLIPSCH WAS THE ROAR OF THAT 440.........WHAT GREAT MEMORIES IN THE FRONT SEAT & THE BACK SEAT

My first car was a 1993 cutlass supreme, which i still am driving a couple years later. I used to hate it before it was mine. Now i like it. Nice solid car. 155,000 miles and it's still going strong. I wish it had a little more power though.

My dad could fill in here. I know he's had his share of old cars from GTO's, camaro's, and many more. A couple years ago he finally got an old car again. It's the coolest car we've had since i was born/remember. It's a 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo 4 speed with a 400 small block. It's a nice rippin' machine.

Not exactly what most people (or me, for that matter) would call "cool," but its a fun, pretty rare car (less than 20,000 built from 96-99)

Posted Image

Sounds pretty good with an opened up V8 under the hood. I get lots of confused looks as to why my Taurus rumbles.

Posted Image