Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid, our neighbor had a '59 caddy. He rarely drove it, but when he slowly guided that land yacht down his long curved driveway for a weekend drive, we'd run out just to watch those shark fins go by. I always liked the look of the '67 Eldorado. Has it become a classic yet?

Gas milage be damned but that is a very nice looking car. My Grandparents good friends had one just like that in a bad green. Great lines.

BOW-TIES RULE.........................Nice assortment of Bow Tie Muscle there................I tell you the truth, if I had the money, I would take a 63-67 C-2 Corvette mount on a custom (Art Morrison chassis) frame, use C-4 or C-5 suspension and running gear, with a 383 stroked fuel-injected small block, and terrorise the roads...................or, build that Blue Chevelle convertable sitting there................Yeah, I know which car won the Drag Race, it wasn't the Vintage one, for sure..........................

VIPERS are nice, but..................I'd rather a HEMI for an engine than a V-10..........anyday

BOW-TIES RULE.........................Nice assortment of Bow Tie Muscle there................I tell you the truth, if I had the money, I would take a 63-67 C-2 Corvette mount on a custom (Art Morrison chassis) frame, use C-4 or C-5 suspension and running gear, with a 383 stroked fuel-injected small block, and terrorise the roads...................or, build that Blue Chevelle convertable sitting there................Yeah, I know which car won the Drag Race, it wasn't the Vintage one, for sure..........................

VIPERS are nice, but..................I'd rather a HEMI for an engine than a V-10..........anyday

Hemi's, that's what Alfa Romeo's have.

In the early 90's I sent a letter to Chrysler saying they needed a car to compete with the Corvette that would have an aluminum hemi engine. I also told them to junk the 4's and the 6's and have one teeny weeny V8 about 750cc with dual mufflers, overhead cams, the works, and another model maybe 1.0 liter with the same stuff. They just didn't hear me properly and put in that awfull V-10 in the Viper. Can you imagine a 750cc V-8 in the Smart car?

JJK

Anyone see Barrett-Jackson last night? GM 1950 Superbus (13 made, and only 3 still operating under own power)

$4.1 MILLION dollars.....NEW BJ record

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/22/gm-futurliner-rewrites-barrett-jackson-record-books-hammers-to/

Fricked insane! Heck, they had a SS LS6 I think went for over 1 Million, but my favorite car L-88 1969 Vette #216 of 216 matching numbers, only went for $220 grand.

I can't figure it all out, I swear!

I just happened to be in leaving the petrified forest in Arizona (east of Flagstaff), on IH40 when I spotted that big muther on the back of a flatbed tractor trailer. That was almost a year ago to the date. I had read about it in Autoweek, and learned that the owner was praying to just get a cool million so that he could just break even on the resto..... But as luck had it, he cleaned up.