Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a FINE CORVETTE...........................but, yours is better................ If you want to talk, or brag about the old ones, fine............but if you want to drive a dream, they start at C-5, and C-6, the Greatest Corvettes ever made......................I love OLD MUSCLE, but the new one's are the Greatest American Sportscar ever built....................

That's a FINE CORVETTE...........................but, yours is better................ If you want to talk, or brag about the old ones, fine............but if you want to drive a dream, they start at C-5, and C-6, the Greatest Corvettes ever made......................I love OLD MUSCLE, but the new one's are the Greatest American Sportscar ever built....................

Never driven one, just like the way they look. I am very happy with mine, as you are with your 911. Love the one your with.

I really like the new 427 Vette (don't know what model) and would probably remove the body and install a Viper body. It would cost more money than I made in my lifetime so I gave up on the idea. So I will be content with my 1993 Grand Cheroke with 127,000 miles on it.

JJK

Rockets-

Have you seen Jay Lenos custom Toronado? If not, go to the link below.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1095

Long time ago Leno was on TV talking about all his cars and showing them off in his warehouse and he highlighted his Toronado.......WHAT A SLEEPER!

I really like the new 427 Vette (don't know what model) and would probably remove the body and install a Viper body. It would cost more money than I made in my lifetime so I gave up on the idea. So I will be content with my 1993 Grand Cheroke with 127,000 miles on it.

JJK

I have long thought about doing something like that as well . I think it would be very cool to buy a wrecked Viper fix up the chassis and drivetrain and the somehow drop my 66 Charger's body onto it . I'm sure it could be done but how much money it would cost who knows . Probably enough to say the heck with it and buy a new 911 Turbo .

I'll take the C2 427 Roadster any day of the week/year/mellinium. Then, put it on the auction block, sell it, buy a new 997 turbo and still have almost $150,000 left over to put in the 401k.

When I was a kid, our neighbor had a '59 caddy. He rarely drove it, but when he slowly guided that land yacht down his long curved driveway for a weekend drive, we'd run out just to watch those shark fins go by. I always liked the look of the '67 Eldorado. Has it become a classic yet?

post-17394-1381931839698_thumb.jpg

Anyone see Barrett-Jackson last night? GM 1950 Superbus (13 made, and only 3 still operating under own power)

$4.1 MILLION dollars.....NEW BJ record

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/22/gm-futurliner-rewrites-barrett-jackson-record-books-hammers-to/

Fricked insane! Heck, they had a SS LS6 I think went for over 1 Million, but my favorite car L-88 1969 Vette #216 of 216 matching numbers, only went for $220 grand.

I can't figure it all out, I swear!

Klipsched you are dead right it is insane, and there are more than just you and i saying it. It's about the T.V cameras and hype. Even when you get into those stratospheric prices your money is still better in stocks, and may probably be better left under your matress. Just as before those prices will come tumbling back to earth. Buy a good painting if you want a work of art, at least you will have an original.

Anyone see Barrett-Jackson last night? GM 1950 Superbus (13 made, and only 3 still operating under own power)

$4.1 MILLION dollars.....NEW BJ record

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/22/gm-futurliner-rewrites-barrett-jackson-record-books-hammers-to/

Fricked insane! Heck, they had a SS LS6 I think went for over 1 Million, but my favorite car L-88 1969 Vette #216 of 216 matching numbers, only went for $220 grand.

I can't figure it all out, I swear!

As I have stated here many many times, Barret-Jackson is a JOKE.....................Rich guys playing for the camera's...........Barret-Jackson has done nothing but raise the price of cars sky-high.....................Most guys buying are buying for musuems and collectors, and the cars will never be driven, just stored away for charging admission to look at, or sadly, bragging rights. Those guys are KILLING the hobby......................Clone cars getting same money as untouched original's..............that's not right.

Back to Corvette's...............If you want a 63-67 Big Block Vette to own and drive fine..............but, if the point of owning a Corvette is to drive a Sportscar................You must get a C-5 or C-6..............No way a 60's Vette can perform, handle, get fuel mileage, legally pass a smog test, and just be a joy to drive, like the new one's..................that is FACT not fiction............ask anyone who owns a new one and has had an old one ,which they would rather own...................99% will tell you, buy the New One