Song most responsible for altering your sense of reality

Ray Garrison

You might all think I am completely nuts but the songs that "move" me the most would be anything from the Little Mermaid soundtrack.

My son, (who is now 21, in the Marine corps and headed to Iraq) watched that movie over and over for nearly a year when he was young, cute and daddy's boy. Now he is grown up and decidedly nobodys boy and I miss that young cute kid sometimes (and I worry about him always)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Take care Josh and God be with you

AMEN........Best Wishes and Pray for a safe tour of duty, it must be hard for you, they grow so fast, my thoughts are with you..........

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I've got lots. One would be "Turn Around" by They Might Be Giants. Off the "Apollo 18" album, it was my first introduction to John and John. In fact, my current sig comes from that album!

Holiday In Cambodia by the Dead Kennedys. I was already into the Ramones, Clash and Sex Pistols...but these guys had their finger on the pulse of just about everything I was at that time. It was as if they were writing and singing the songs just for me. Everyone else just got to enjoy them, but they were mine. 1979-1984 was a good time.

You might think they are untalented or obscene, but it you listen to the lyrics they are really quite funny in an intelligent way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Kennedys

You might all think I am completely nuts but the songs that "move" me the most would be anything from the Little Mermaid soundtrack.

My son, (who is now 21, in the Marine corps and headed to Iraq) watched that movie over and over for nearly a year when he was young, cute and daddy's boy. Now he is grown up and decidedly nobodys boy and I miss that young cute kid sometimes (and I worry about him always)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Take care Josh and God be with you

AMEN........Best Wishes and Pray for a safe tour of duty, it must be hard for you, they grow so fast, my thoughts are with you..........

Thanks man...I appreciate you thoughts.

Thanks for the reminder oldtimer! I'm going to fire up the "Stop Making Sense" DVD for my evening's entertainment. If any of you don't have this DVD, run don't walk to your local retailer & pick it up. Talking Heads live performance at their prime directed by Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs, Philidelphia). Need I say more?

Another killer is Joan Armatrading's "Down to Zero."

James

" anything from the Little Mermaid soundtrack"

Have three teen agers that go to college, work part time, drive their own cars, active in the church community.

Certainly recall the days when their mobility was limited to the radius of where the wife and I would take them.

And certianly remember the days of Arial and the my little mermaid era animations.

But the song most responsible for altering my sense of reality would be the "cats in the craddle". A 70's era classic about a man who was too busy for his family and especially his son. The years go by and the roles get reversed, and the son becomes too busy for his dad.

Make the time today for those you love.

"He's Alive" sung by Philip Webb with live orchestra and all that shnazz...it's a religious thing so I won't go there, but the sound of the hammer ringing is what nails this one home (gotta love puns). By far my most favorite arrangement to listen to and then having the chance to mix later on was even cooler. Very powerful song - no recording can do it justice.

And then on a crazier note would be "Millionare" by Die Prinzen...you won't even need to understand German to get this one stuck in your head. It became the theme song for an exchange trip I took in Germany. You have gotta see the music video... [:'(] I will never be the same again.

• Moderators

Re: Song most responsible for altering your sense of reality

I just thought of the song that altered many of the peoples sense of reality on this forum, I'm surprised no one thought of it !

I don't know the name of it but it goes like this....dum....dum....dum.dum.......HERE COMES THE BRIDE....................[:o]

Thanks for the reminder oldtimer! I'm going to fire up the "Stop Making Sense" DVD for my evening's entertainment. If any of you don't have this DVD, run don't walk to your local retailer & pick it up. Talking Heads live performance at their prime directed by Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs, Philidelphia). Need I say more?

The words to the song 'Imagine" by John Lennon have had the most impact on me mentally and spiritually. "Burning down the House" has to be the song that I have had the most fun with. When I was younger I enjoyed interpretive dancing (i.e., my version of the white man's shuffle[;)])to the song--Now that I am older the multichannel track of the song on the DVD-A (dualdisk), Speaking in Tongues is one of my favorite demo disks to show off my system. If you liked the DVD video of Stop Making Sense--The Sound on the DVD-A of Speaking in Tongues will blow you away! [:o]

Re: Song most responsible for altering your sense of reality

I just thought of the song that altered many of the peoples sense of reality on this forum, I'm surprised no one thought of it !

I don't know the name of it but it goes like this....dum....dum....dum.dum.......HERE COMES THE BRIDE....................[:o]

reality has never been the same......

how to make a marriage work....

a woman needs to understand a man alot and just love him a little

a man needs to love the woman alot cause there's no understanding her!!!!

roy delgado

Re: Song most responsible reality has never been the same......

how to make a marriage work....

a woman needs to understand a man alot and just love him a little

a man needs to love the woman alot cause there's no understanding her!!!!

roy delgado

LOL. NIce one Roy. My wife didn't think it was funny so I explained it to her..[:o]

Now she gets it. [Y] [H]