Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

Steve, you just absolutely fried my mind (no easy feat) -- I still haven't recovered from that phone call. I don't even know what to say. I take back every awful thing I ever said about you -- well, everything except the part about you being a loon.:) Yeah, you want'em, but there ain't no doubt in my mind that you mostly did it because you didn't want to see me suffer anymore.

Now get this folks. I basically have money in hand for a set a Klipschorns that Steve doesn't even need for another few months while he looks for a new house. So not only do I get to keep listening to the Klipschorns while the Jubilees are being built, but Steve wants to me keep modding them!! There's more, but it's so outrageous I can't even bring myself to type it out!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve, you just absolutely fried my mind (no easy feat) -- I still haven't recovered from that phone call. I don't even know what to say. I take back every awful thing I ever said about you -- well, everything except the part about you being a loon.:) Yeah, you want'em, but there ain't no doubt in my mind that you mostly did it because you didn't want to see me suffer anymore.

Now get this folks. I basically I have money in hand for a set a Klipschorns that Steve doesn't even need for another few months while he looks for a new house. So not only do I get to keep listening to the Klipschorns while the Jubilees are being built, but Steve wants to me keep modding them!! There's more, but it's so outrageous I can't even bring myself to type it out!!

Looks like a WIN WIN for all concerned!!!![Y]

So glad this is working out for everyone!

mike tn[:)]

Dean, this is fanastic that it is working out. I am a couple of steps behind you regarding Jubilees.

As you go through the next phase ( I assume you are doing a DIY bass bin), please think outloud (via the forum) about your decision tree on the HF section.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I'm sure they'll sound fabulous Roy, I'm not in the least bit worried. Worst case -- I end up with a tweeter back into the mix.

Tom, I'm definitely not doing DIY bass bins. Even if I had good working skills, I'd still buy them from Klipsch. There are no detailed plans, and at this point I think the DIY efforts have fallen a bit short. I could be wrong I suppose, but I haven't seen the predicted response and higher sensitivity that the real deal brings to the table. As for the top section, I'm going to start with the K-510 and K-69-K driver. I think it's a good place to start.

Deano, let's get those Tad's in them thar speaker's, along with the "correct crossovers"and toss on some of dem cardas binding post's, 2 pair, and a switch for HT/Audio......Ya gotta get some of Tom's work on this thread too!!!!!!!!!!!we gotta get em complimentary[:P]

Roy, doesn't matter, Dean will mod them anyway cause he's Dean. Wontcha Dean?

JT

As the budget permits.;) I'm bound to play, that's one of the things that appeals to me about the Jubilee. OTOH, a K-510 is not a K-401, and a K-69-K is not a K-55. If it sounds clean and unfettered I'll probably leave well enough alone for quite a while.

Wow , and to think Yesterday I read all 15 pages of , " Smilin' Chi-town party- wow ".

Now it can start all over again with bigger and better speakers.

Believe me, it NEVER actually stopped, I was such a newbie back then, I had never even rolled a tube, had a pre-amp, or a top notch source. My journey, in audio, over the past few years is nothing short of INCREDIBLE. I am back here now, but, with EXPERIENCE. I love the guy's here who think wire, make no difference. Heh heh heh[6]

Deano, let's get those Tad's in them thar speaker's, along with the "correct crossovers"and toss on some of dem cardas binding post's, 2 pair, and a switch for HT/Audio......Ya gotta get some of Tom's work on this thread too!!!!!!!!!!!we gotta get em complimentary[:P]

Ah man, you let the cat out of bag! Man, It's gonna be a wild ride over here.

I'm sure they'll sound fabulous Roy, I'm not in the least bit worried. Worst case -- I end up with a tweeter back into the mix.

Tom, I'm definitely not doing DIY bass bins. Even if I had good working skills, I'd still buy them from Klipsch. There are no detailed plans, and at this point I think the DIY efforts have fallen a bit short. I could be wrong I suppose, but I haven't seen the predicted response and higher sensitivity that the real deal brings to the table. As for the top section, I'm going to start with the K-510 and K-69-K driver. I think it's a good place to start.

I thought the K510 sounded great in Hope 2004. I remember thinking I could be happy with either one and there wasn't that big of a difference to me.

Hmm I wonder if I could try my Belles as a two way with the K510. Is that feasable?