Listening to other forum members systems

MacKlipsch

I have seen several posts in here about the unavailability of Klipsch dealers that have full product line set up to audition. I, for one, have not heard any of the Legend stuff or the new Reference series. However, there are some folks that have not heard alot of the Heritage stuff. Anyone interested in this????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may very well be what is needed to help save the Heritage line. No dealers have them on display, and those that can't listen to them are not likely to buy them. If Heritage doesn't sell, they have no reason to keep them in production.

I don't mind helping out others and helping to save the Heritage line at the same time.

I've got Scala's, KG's and Synergy's ready to be heard. Plus Klipsch always sound better in a real world environment.

It would also be great to find a person to "talk speakers" with. My wife is not real big on talking about Scala's.

------------------

Home Theater:

Technics SA-1040DX

Klipsch SF1 Fronts

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch SF1 Rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Sharp 32" TV

Audio:

Vintage Technics SA 404 Receiver

Klipsch 1976 La Scala's

Klipsch KG 3.5's

KSW 12 Sub

I am. I try to get the So Fla Audio Soc going with invites to each other's houses, but nothing yet, those posters in Florida klnow that I have invited them to my house to see my modest system, the invite goes to anybody visting the West Palm area - just give me as much notice as possible - I am not going to clean house - it is clean enough, but the wife will ...

cwm40.gif

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!

just out of curiosity... how muct of your passion for sound does your wife share? my mother could care less. yeah, she can tell that BOSE blows but that is about her limit, or care Smile.gif makes it very hard for us to sneek in 55" tv's and such LoL!... she just baout had a fit to find out my dad ordered an extra ProMedia 5.1... LoL! she claims that a 2.1, 4.1, v2.400, one 5.1 (on order)the Quintets, the Synergy 6 is more than enough... who needs another 5.1 (also on order)?

Took about 3 years to get her to let us have a big screen in the house. luckily our new house has two rooms for HT's, she does not even have to know when we upgrade... muuu ha ha ha Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Always welcome visitors but dont get too many passing by Athens!!

Obviously I would be most disappointed if any member of this forum came to Greece and didnt let me know.

Oh - and as regards wife acceptance - we have been at the "eyes rolling into the back of the head accompanied by a loud "tsk"" for about 3 years.

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

This might be something that Klipsch through this BB might be interested in setting up - a list of willing members by area with email address - that would be willing to let others demo their systems. A lot of Klipsch speakers are not available for listening at dealers and those that are are often not set up to sound their best.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

You could count me in.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

I'd be more than willing to demo my classic KG system to anybody in Chicago area. It might be a bit difficult now with the baby, though. My wife was out with the baby for 1 hour yesterday, and I used every minute to catch up with my Klipsches. (:

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Same holds true here in Western Illinois - I'm always happy to spread the good word about my Cornwall II's. In a few weeks, the HT should be complete (my Outlaw 750 was on my doorstep when I got home today) and a Velodyne sub is on the way! Now if Outlaw can get me a 950 by Christmas......ooooohhh baby!!! I would love to show it off to our fellow forum participants. Our door is always open.......

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

Let's see... So far, eq and JMON need to hook up, dndphishin, t-man, TBRENNAN and shapshifter need to get together, and MacKlipsch and mpgwagon (not sure about this one) can check one another out as well. I've seen Colin's rig so he now needs to come by my house to check out mine. Still waiting to hear from Q-Man. Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

As far as I can tell no German BB member has stuck his neck out yet - are we really THAT reserved???

In case you ever get to the Cologne/Düsseldorf area why not plan a trip to Essen to listen to a pair of Khorns? I'd only suggest you wait until February when I'll be settled in my new flat.

Wolfram

------------------

Without music colour becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb - Edgar Allan Poe

system:

1973 Khorns with ALK crossovers

REL Stadium II sub

Cayin 743 D integrated tube amp

McIntosh Mc 2105

McIntosh C 29

McIntosh MR 77

McIntosh MCD 7007

Thorens 520S

SME 3012-R

Ortofon SPU Classic GM E

Cyrus aEQ 7 phono stage with PSX-R power supply