• Klipsch Employees

In the past, a forum member "hosted" the mixer. They took on finding a place and booking it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They worked with the other members to set up the "ground rules".

Klipsch has had little to know involvement in the mixer.

That has not changed.

I was not sure of the plan.....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, a forum member "hosted" the mixer. They took on finding a place and booking it.

They worked with the other members to set up the "ground rules".

Klipsch has had little to know involvement in the mixer.

That has not changed.

I was not sure of the plan.....

Is this a strong hint of someone please get on the ball and do something?

Hey, didn't Indy step up to the plate with his first post? I think that was just his way of saying that he would be willing to put it together. And your right his house would be a great place to have it...[:D]. I mean with his awesome theater and he also has Khorns. Come on Indy what do you think???

Steve

• Moderators

We've asked the Holiday Inn about using their banquet facility again, and they gave us an outrageous $$ amount -- much much higher than last time. We're looking into why the big change, and they will be getting back to us.

In other words, you may need a back up plan!

• Klipsch Employees

I know Indy (roger) well, he would like nothing more than to have everyone over, but his place, as nice as it is, is not large enough to deal with that many people with gear.

Roger always offers to help, but this may be a bit much.

Plus, his place is a long ways from the office. 35-40 min.

Lets find something closer.

Think it through Roger... have a little 10 minute 'investment seminar" and write the whole thing off... I promise to not slide my business card next to yours. (because yours will mysteriously disappear and won't be there for mine to be "next" to)

[6]

We've asked the Holiday Inn about using their banquet facility again, and they gave us an outrageous $$ amount -- much much higher than last time. We're looking into why the big change, and they will be getting back to us.

Generally when a business doesn't want to serve someone or take on a certain job, they give a very high bid. Sounds like they may have had some complaints and found they don't want the Klipsch crowd using their facility. This is just a possibility, but a strong possibility.

My 2 Cents: I totally agree with Trey: As gracious and generous as I know Indy to be, I do not believe that anyone should be taxed with having an intrusion of this magnetude thrust upon them, their family and personal property. All of the traffic and parking would upset Indy's neighborhood (he lives in a subdivision), his lawn would be trampled, carpets ruined, and then.....there's the containment of sound bleed-over from all of the music. Add to all of this the liability of alcohol consumption (you know this will happen whether allowed or not). I don't wish to sound like a spoil-sport, but I am attempting to be realistic here. We must find a closer, more approriate place to hold our mixer, if there is going to be one. I would love to be the one to help plan this, but as Michael Hurd so astutely put it; it's too difficult to be the one to pull this off from a distance. We're not familiar enough with the area to know where to look.Someone closer to the location would be best-suited to assume this responsibilty in my opinion.

Regarding Amy's report relative to the hotel banquest rooms (Thanks Amy for the research!): Perhaps the hotel needs to be taught a lesson here? I stayed at that Holiday Inn two years ago and I felt a bit miffed that we paid so much for our personal rooms, yet they needed obvious updating. Have they updated their rooms since then? If not, then maybe none of us needs to stay there if they wish to gouge us on the price of their banquet rooms? There are plenty of other hotels nearby. I doubt that they got any complaints from any of the other guests the last time we were there two years ago. How am I so certain? EASY: The hotel was hosting a deaf-mutes convention!! They could not HEAR what we were doing for Petesake!! To sum up: If Holiday Inn is going to gouge us: I'll stay across the street!!

Ground rules???? Something like getting kicked out of Criag and Paul Ps room at 4:00 AM for being too noisy.[<:o)]

I remember the last Indy mixer. If I recall, we had problems collecting cash from everyone too. Was too bad, since the cost covered beer, I know I got my moneys worth since I was not driving anywhere[6] Didn't Craig pick up the remainder.

Amy, could'nt we do some sort of pre pay? Set up a paypal account and start collecting cash from the majority who know they are going to be there? Then charge a cover charge at the door for last minute people who did not pre pay.

Past years we just did an informal party too. People brought beer and snacks at the comfort inn. That was fun too. Just no accoustics for listening. That does not bother me, I am that to hang out with my frinds, not listen to speakers.

JM

Why not just have a cash bar? That wouldn't stop me from having a few brews with the gang. I too, remember that Craig got stiffed for several hundred dollars two years ago. That was horrible and totally unacceptable!