How much time do think you have left?

Guest " "

One of my wifes freinds since high school found out she had stage 3b lung cancer, 3 and a half months ago.

She live a normal life down to the very end....kept saying she felt fine and could'nt understand what was happening.

We used the remaining time to rekindle a circle of family and freinds that had drifted apart.

She was pretty active and had plenty of mobility down to the last week and a half.

She left us tonight at 8:37pm. While we are saddend by her departure, we are greatful to have been part of her final days.

Rest in piece Carmen.

I am sorry to hear that..... my condolences to you. On a different note, I just recently found out that a guy I went to school with in high school recently passed away of cancer as well. If I stop to count how many classmates have died since high school, I can count this as being the third one. One decided to take a last snowmobile ride on lake superior in the spring, he did not come back. ( he was 17 at the time ) Another took his own life tragically, reason unknown.

I take it day by day, and relish the time I have to spend with friends. You never know what can happen in this world.

I don't know but if I can make it to 70 with my health i'll be satisfied. Just hope I pass quickly when the time comes.

Sorry for your loss. I have found faith eases the pain. I lost a good friend & co-worker at 47 to cancer 2 months ago.

You have as much time left as GOD allows you to have..............When he's ready for you, he will take you........I am closing in on 59 years old, that's kinda' way longer than I would have guessed, judging my mis-spent youth, and after the past 4 years, I Thank God for everyday I wake up, So, I can't waste time thinking about how much longer I have left. He's had 2 major chances to take me, and he didn't, it's either, not my time, or he doesn't want me......Another good day today, I'm up and posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about your loss. Your cirlcle of friends were very lucky to be able to "come together". Some folks arn't that lucky.

I live each day with no regrets. I see unhealthy people live far longer than other very healthy folks. You just never know. If I were stuck with something like that tomorrow, I just want to say reasonably, that I did what I wanted to do and was a positive force in all those around me whom I came in contact with.

Phil

I have no idea how long I'll be around. As far as I know, I am healthy today, but that can change in a hurry. Just a couple of Sundays ago, I was driving home from church with my two eldest kids in the back seat. I am going up a mild grade with a house on the right side of the two-lane road and an old, falling down shed across the highway to my left. I just kinda looked at the old shed as I passed, and as one will tend to do, I drifted to the left a bit. As chance would have it, a big Ford 4WD pickup popped over the crest of the grade (he musta been going about 80mph) hugging the line from his side. I'm almost sure I had not crossed the center line, however I never saw the truck till we whizzed past each other like two idiots playing chicken. I don't know how much we missed each other by, but it felt way too close. Regardless, it sure made me think how quickly we can be taken.

The bible says our alotted time is 70 years, but it also says the old must die and the young do die. I know too, that living a long life in this world isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes it's much better to go on, assuming you are prepared.

It is hard to find the balance betweens living for tomorrow and the long haul while at the same time being prepared for it to all end in the next minute. It's all by His Grace we breathe our next breath anyway. Peace

Bruce

Speaker, I hate to hear the news but it is good so many had gathered once again to share and support. I'm with OB, I've seen a lot of death in my life and many family members when I was very young and I know you live each day to the fullest because there are no guaranties and each day as Roy would say is a blessing (IMHO) not so much from whom but to you so don't worry be happy. When he wants you your going home and none of us except the terminally ill really know when. I want to live as long as I can as long as I'm not a burden to those I love[:D]

Whatever the good Lord says.............enjoy life while you can, accept what life gives you, worry about what you can control, and make the best of it!

We had a competitor from WV that competed in MECA (Jim Culbertson) since inception, and he fought the battle for 8 years. On again, off again, but finally, that nasty disease finally wore him down, but talking to him, he had the most optimistic approach and positive attitude.

......an attitude and disposition that MANY HEALTHY PEOPLE should carry. If fact, MECA named a lifetime achievement award in his honor.

Great guy, and would have made a great role model. Why so many GOOD people must suffer and pass-on while the Osama's of the world continue to do nothing but promote hostility and terrorism. Life just doesn't seem fair, does it?

. He's had 2 major chances to take me, and he didn't, it's either, not my time, or he doesn't want me......!

Hmmmmnnnnn ...

didja ever consider .

he may have no use for yer sorry A$$ , .... O.B. ...????

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Duke is back with a vengance!

You have as much time left as GOD allows you to have..............When he's ready for you, he will take you........I am closing in on 59 years old, that's kinda' way longer than I would have guessed, judging my mis-spent youth, and after the past 4 years, I Thank God for everyday I wake up, So, I can't waste time thinking about how much longer I have left. He's had 2 major chances to take me, and he didn't, it's either, not my time, or he doesn't want me......Another good day today, I'm up and posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..............."You have as much time left as GOD allows you to have..............When he's ready for you, he will take you........"

Buck,

It can not be said in a better way. We can watch our diets, not smoke, stay away from physical things that are bad, drink 25 gallons of water, and run 100 miles per day. BUT, when it is your time, when The Man pulls your plug...........No matter how much you run or watch your diet,......Your a$$ is out of here and I don't think that we will mind the results.

Check out Dtel's signature. As my extended age makes this theory more difficult to live, (I try) he has nailed it, and I will continue my quest to "not leave anything on the table". Better burn out than fade away........?

Regards,

Terry

• Moderators

I think OB said it best, for me, If I don't live longer than my father or his father, about 12 more years .

But it could be in 5 minutes, only the big man knows, I could shorten it but I can't change when it's my time.

I have seen people in much better condition, without the bad habits die young ?

• Moderators

..............."You have as much time left as GOD allows you to have..............When he's ready for you, he will take you........"

Buck,

It can not be said in a better way. We can watch our diets, not smoke, stay away from physical things that are bad, drink 25 gallons of water, and run 100 miles per day. BUT, when it is your time, when The Man pulls your plug...........No matter how much you run or watch your diet,......Your a$$ is out of here and I don't think that we will mind the results.

Check out Dtel's signature. As my extended age makes this theory more difficult to live, (I try) he has nailed it, and I will continue my quest to "not leave anything on the table". Better burn out than fade away........?

Regards,

Terry

Just a side note about the water. Driking 25 gallons of water in a day would probably kill you. You can die from drinking too much water, believe it or not. We always hear about 8 full glasses, but depending on the climate, amount of activity, gender, this can be too little or too much. On average an adult male needs about 12 cups of water per day. Your body actually needs more then this but we get water from other sources such as fruits, vegies, etc. The ideal situation is for your input to equal or slightly exceed your normal output. Depending on the indivudual this can be between 1 to 2 liters per day. Since no one is going to measure that the other way to tell is that your urine should run clear or slightly yellow.

Travis