Wives!!

wuzzzer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Forte-Speakers-1987-original-owner_W0QQitemZ320104797286QQihZ011QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"They have served me well for 20 years, but my wife thinks they are too big for our living room.... As for the sound, I've never heard better."

[:@]

Unfortunately, these comments have become increasingly more common - and especially with the proliferation of home design/redecoration shows on cable that abhor any visible speakers - much less normal-sized ones. The husbands or boyfriends on these various shows look like emasculated puppies as they appear resigned to their fate. Even my wife would eliminate all speakers from our family room if she could. Thank goodness that I have my sanctuary in the basement, called the "man-cave."

Recently, I picked a nice pair of Altec Flamencios for Dave. When I arrived, a grey-haired gentleman told me sadly that he bought the speakers new in the late 60s and loved them since the day he bought them. He also said that he was recently divorced, and his new girlfriend was moving in - and she didn't like the speakers. Pictures in the guy's house showed that the new girl was smoking hot - so go figure - we all have our priorities, and our breaking point.

Carl.

My wife liked the Fortes as well--and she liked that they cost much less then my Gallo Ref 3s that I had before them. When I brought the Chorus home, I thought she would say "no way." After listening to them, she told me I had to keep the Chorus! Wonder what she would do if I brought home some K-horns? Hmmmmm...

I've got a basement man cave also with khorns,mac amps, 73'' mits hd tv, svs sub, etc, etc. I've been happly married for almost 24 years, the first 10 years or so of our marriage, the equipment I had at that time which included cornwalls had for the most part been stored at my dads house because we just did not have the room to set it up. It was tough not having any real jams to listen to for that period of time but, little by little as we were able to afford a bigger place, I was able to get out the stuff and enjoy music once again. Now I'm thankful to have a full blown dedicated home theater - 2 channel jam room that My wife and kids enjoy but, mostly Its me that gets the most enjoyment out of it. It stays locked until I get home from work because everyone knows thats Daddys espensive toys and if anything got messed up or broke, it would not be pleasant around my house. My wife knows the passion I have for this hobby and for the most part is very understanding. If I was single and my girl friend was moving in with me and told me the khorns had to go, I dont care how smokin she was or what she did for me in bed, she would have to go and the khorns would stay. Can you feel the passion?

I think you are right Arky that is an old pic of Michael, and just the start of his current collection. Colter be careful with that photo, some gold-diggers out there might make you a target!

Also at second glance the passives are not as big as I thought the first time, I must correct myself that the listed item is the original forte....

I showed my wife a sketch where we could expand our 14x19 media room into the neighboring bedroom which would have room for more than the one chair that fits now. There would be much more room for the K'horns, Belle's and LaScala's as well as the big screen TV. She wanted to know when I was going to start, it looked good to her. I think I may have to keep her another 17 years.