3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Steve,

I hope your work improves.

So does his boss.

Pa dum dum

WinkJust kidding...

Doh! I meant that I hope Steve's work situation or environment or job gets better as I'm sure his work is very good. So, Fini, need a straight man? I'm so stiff I can't bend. Or turn.

Ginger ale with lunch. Sweetened blackened decaf tea as I slave away at home to complete my work day... after a mostly pointless visit to see a nurse practitioner.

Chuck - thoughts and prayers you and any others that may be in the path of Irene stay safe.

I hate those pointless doctor visits, where all they say, "Well, let's see how you are in 2 months." Especially sucks with the $40 copay...I'd better have a beer to calm down...

Being stupid I had run out of meds..... so the nurse I talked to last Friday said they'd refill but I'd need to see a nurse practitioner. I couldn't see my doctor and thought the walk in clinic would be good. Off of blooad pressure meds for week maybe more might be a good time to get a baseline of what it is without meds. Been on the one for probably 20 years or more.

So they sent to local pharmacy there in building which I may have requested as it's good to see a phamacist once in while. And scheduled me for NP this morning. To check blood pressure. Both the nurse and nurse practitioner thoguht that would have been a good idea but too late now. I think they've finally got the online working where just send them what I want as I hate talking to the phone machine.

The clinic they only want to prescribe one month and see somebody for more.... I am scheduled to see my doctor in October.

So collected more information than usual and suggested I should see the respitory therapist as I've been off inhalable steriods for lungs, with doctors permission (too expen$ive even with decent insurance ($65/month or $125/3 months mail order). So that does seem like a good idea as the previous RT could measure improvement but I'm not sure I can tell a difference.

So a waste of $20 and about 2 hours of time.

And Thursday when I picked up my second BP med, as they were out Friday and I didn't bet back to the pharmacy, I found out from the pharmacist that anti cholesterol meds work a lot better in the evening. I don't remember any doctor telling me that and the pharmacy has to print instructions from doctor such as one per day when it really should be one at bedtime or with evening meal. And I've been taking them for several years.

I hope everyone out east is safe.