College Football!!!!

PhilMays

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh. I think it's probably time for a change, too. My take is that Houston is probably aware of this, too. In his place, I think I'd be looking for another job. However, his contract security is only effective if he's fired, right? So being fired may be something he feels he has to endure in order to keep a paycheck.

I imagine they would privately negotiate a contract buyout/settlement allowing him to move on without "firing" him. As Terry mentioned they tried to do this with Nolan but Nolan wanted to try & make his point; the lawsuit fiasco. Nutt's $1,000,000 annuity will effectuate at the 10 yr mark which is the end of this season. Raising buyout money shouldn't be an issue, i've been told the Razorback Foundation has 800 million in reserve.

BS,

Where are you moving to in MS?

Tell you something funny I remember growing up. I was born in Starkville, but pretty much raised up in AR. Of course, I remember growing up both my mom and dad wore State jackets. When I was still a little guy, but trying to get some sense of my roots I asked my folks if they called the hogs at State. They said no, of course not. I asked, well if they don't say woo pig, what do they say at Miss State? They both told me: "Go to He11 Ole Miss!" I think I was so young I wasn't even so sure what hell was, but I was sure that State hated Ole Miss.

Wes: what's the Spurrier talk out your way?

Believe it or not, some people already want him gone. The bottom line is Holtz's recruits are either left early and are starting (yes starting) in the NFL (Jonathan Joseph, Ko simpson, Sidney Rice to name 3 that would have been on this team this year), are in jail or were run off. OBC's first class was a last minute throw together class and last year's class was very good but they are still true freshmen. There's more talk of running off the DC and OL coach and trashing our AD for raising dues and ticket prices. You get the talk of the Tennessee job being his, even Texas A & M and LSU when Les Miles heads to Ann Arbor but everyone knows this is his last stop, not to mention his access to Augusta National as long as he's coaching here. When all is said and done, everyone knows no one else can do better here. He can make us a solid 7 to 9 win team (includes bowl) almost every year but to be a consistent challenger for the SEC title is a pipe dream. Personally, I'm happy going to every home game, a few away games, hanging out and winning more than we lose. At least there's a little class around the stadium and the atmosphere is always great. My kids love to go and it is big time football. I'm sure he'll have a job as long as he wants it, but they did say that about Lou also.

The last part sums up what our situation here is, or should be. We will never vie for the title every year but every 5 yrs is certainly attainable. Currently we have a mess.

It always seems worse when you're living it, like you probably don't think our situation is as bad as I think it is and vice versa. The gripe you guys DO have is if there is a major lack of depth and talent and he HAS been there 10 or so years then it could be described as a mess. At least I can use the "he's only had 2 classes of his own and the first one was a fire drill" logic to make myself feel better about it. At least for another couple of years and then it'll be back to blaming it on the Chicken Curse.

Who knows about Davis. A local TV station announced that Nutt was going to Baylor last night. That was news to both coaches. With so many rumors and bloggs floating around.......Totally Irresponsible. I don't expect Nutt to stay. I wouldn't keep my family here. It is getting really nasty in this state.

BS and JC, great game from both teams. MSU never gave up.

tc

Guys,

Google Houston Nutt and read the bloggs. I have never seen anything like it. Perhaps you have seen this kind of thing in your state and this is not such a big deal. I have not. If I were Nutt, I would demand security for me and my family. Yes, I want him to go, but this stuff is way over the line.

tc