Real..? Hoax...? FBI sting...?

sputnik

Where do you find this stuff Sput? That was outrageous, from the testimonials to the prices (dowry?) to the ages. "her grandmother got married at 13, her mother got married at 13, and now she wants to continue the family tradition." Oh, and she got an A in home-ec....where is it legal to get married at 13 (or do I really want to know)? Then again, what kind of person looks for a ahem, wife this way? It must be real popular at the moment from publicity or got taken down because it no longer loads onto explorer.

"She got an A in Home Ec. and has read up on what else would be expected of her as a wife and is looking forward to it."

It's still there; and they are serious!!!

If my daughter pi*ses me off again, I'm going to consider it. [:-*]Cut rate dowry though, she's a whiner..... Just kidding!!![;)]

My wife thinks it's hilarious if they were not serious. Legality? I suspect that the future husband has to comply with the laws of the state that he and the girl lives in. And, I'd bet that If you propose and I take your money, and my daughter says "get bent...", then I'd probably have to refund your money....

Who knows? But it's funny!!!

If my daughter pi*ses me off again, I'm going to consider it. [:-*]Cut rate dowry though, she's a whiner..... Just kidding!!![;)]

My wife thinks it's hilarious if they were not serious. Legality? I suspect that the future husband has to comply with the laws of the state that he and the girl lives in. And, I'd bet that If you propose and I take your money, and my daughter says "get bent...", then I'd probably have to refund your money....

To the forum member that just called me on the telephone to tell me that it's not funny, and what a terrible person I am.....

First, I was joking, kidding around, etc. To be very clear: I do not, in any way, condone or otherwise approve, in any manner or fashion, the practice of selling off one's daughter (regardless of the price). It is, seriously, indicative of a reprehensible level of conduct, and total parental irresponsibility, by any acceptable standard.

Second, in the spirit of the post (sputnik comes up with very funny stuff), and having a teenage daughter who is a typical teenager (= I have experience with raising kids), My wife and I just thought it was hilarious, and we think it would also be hilarious to show that site to our daughter when she comes home and fails to do what she is supposed to do around the house to help out.

In closing, to that person: If you don't like my sense of "humor" I really don't give a rat's *ss; so get a life, attend a social skills seminar, or an "interpretive comedy" class, and don't call me again.

Geez! Picky people around today!!

The girls are cute as human trafficing goes, the testimonials are funny, but the details in the FAQ are missing important investor information...

Where is the positive cash flow analysis comparing the recovery of long term sunk costs marrying off one's natural daughter against the benefits of investing in an adopted teenage girl, holding her long enough to take deductions on the 1040 and schedule D while freshening her up for market, and marrying her off to take a short term capital gain?

And of course one wonders (again) just what in the world Sputnik was looking for when he found this???

To the forum member that just called me on the telephone to tell me that it's not funny, and what a terrible person I am.....

First, I was joking, kidding around, etc. To be very clear: I do not, in any way, condone or otherwise approve, in any manner or fashion, the practice of selling off one's daughter (regardless of the price). It is, seriously, indicative of a reprehensible level of conduct, and total parental irresponsibility, by any acceptable standard.

Second, in the spirit of the post (sputnik comes up with very funny stuff), and having a teenage daughter who is a typical teenager (= I have experience with raising kids), My wife and I just thought it was hilarious, and we think it would also be hilarious to show that site to our daughter when she comes home and fails to do what she is supposed to do around the house to help out.

In closing, to that person: If you don't like my sense of "humor" I really don't give a rat's *ss; so get a life, attend a social skills seminar, or an "interpretive comedy" class, and don't call me again.

Groomlakearea51-I'm not quite sure how some people go through life without a sense of humor... [8-)] I thought your post was pretty funny. Heck, does anyone know the minimum age when you can list 'em????? This could save me a boatload of ca$h!!! (I've got three of my own!)

-David

David, Montana allows for 13 year olds to get married with parents permission. If you start listing at 12 1/2, and get no offers after six months you get half of the listing fee back! Is it merely coincidental that 13 is the age in Montana and Sputnik started the thread? I think the law in Montana was part of the sheep protection act....

David, Montana allows for 13 year olds to get married with parents permission. If you start listing at 12 1/2, and get no offers after six months you get half of the listing fee back! Is it merely coincidental that 13 is the age in Montana and Sputnik started the thread? I think the law in Montana was part of the sheep protection act....

LOLOLOL

It is bizarre, but not necessarily depraved, from a legal point of view. The parents must give permission for it to happen, and have total control over the contract, so it is not much different from a prenuptial agreement. The dowry aspect could be considered protected religious practice, or at least argued that way in court. The daughter in question could sue if coercion were a factor and blow the whole deal. Therefore, if all parties are willing no laws are being broken and it is just another triumph of our legal system, God bless america if I die before i wake....after all, Mormons and Scientologists are legal, one started as a desire to have more than one wife, the other as a desire to make money from religion (I guess I better start ducking now).

Edit: Sputnik, thanks for a fun thread, don't hate me if I end up getting it locked or deleted...

I work with a woman who was born and raised here in the U.S. She is in her late 50s, and was given to her first husband when she was 13. It wasn't a religious thing, just a part of the culture she was raised in.

Bruce

Called you on the phone????? Geesh. I've got 2 daughters. I also have a sense of humor and found your post funny.

My biggest concern would be how they got my phone #! They may have "Taxi Driver" syndrome[:o]

They knew where I'm located... (anyone on the forum can figure that out); "googled" me or something like that, and found out who I worked for... so they called the main ofice and the receptionist gave them my direct line.... They then proceeded to tell me that the whole subject was not funny. I told them to call Sputnik.... He started it....[6] They were NOT amused....

Oh well... C'est La Vie!!!