FEDEX delivers the pinnacle of audio reproduction!!!!

bhendrix

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Bill,

I am so jealous!!!!! I'm hopefully right behind you. Have you hooked them up yet? How do they sound? Are you going with the EV active cross-over whatcamacallit Roy talked about, or passives? Looks like a beautiful theater room, or 2 channel, both? If HT, what are you going to run for sub, if any, center, surrounds?

I can't wait to hear and see more.

Travis

Bill,

I am so jealous!!!!! I'm hopefully right behind you. Have you hooked them up yet? How do they sound? Are you going with the EV active cross-over whatcamacallit Roy talked about, or passives? Looks like a beautiful theater room, or 2 channel, both? If HT, what are you going to run for sub, if any, center, surrounds?

I can't wait to hear and see more.

Travis

The Jubilees are the first wave in a combo 2 channel / HT setup. The Jubs are powered by Crown XTi 1000's. The amps have all the active EQ and crossover built in and they sound great. The center channel will be a "JubScala", a 402 horn with a K69 driver and a LaScala bass bin powered by another XTi 1000. The sub woofer will be a KPT-884. The side and rear surrounds are Ki-102's, like those used in Hard Rock Cafe's. The system will be all Pro Cinema Klipsch driven by pro Crown amps.

Words alone cannot adequately convey the sense of realism reproduced by the Jubilees. Everyone who hears them is stunned by how great the Jubilees sound.

The room is undergoing major renovation. More pics will follow . . .

Blessings to all . . . .

"So do the Jubilees require corner placement like the Khorns?"

The Khorn primarily needs the corner because the rear of speaker isn't finished off -- you need the corner because the walls are used to complete the bass horn. The Jubilee doesn't have that problem. Same with the 60th Anniversary Edition. Like any other speaker however, there will be more LF extension if you get them within a foot of the corner.

"Is this being custom made by you or someone you know, or is Klipsch making this for you?"

Bill is running an active set up, and Roy has provided the settings to make the combo work. You take the new top section, drop it on top of the LaScala -- and dial it in.

Bill,

Congrats. The finish on your new Jubs looks great in the pictures. I really like the color of the room as well. Everything looks great together. I have only been warned about the sound of the 884 sub.....haven't heard one yet.....man you are serious. Looks like a nice neighborhood and home you have there too. Good space between the houses. I hope you enjoy the new toys.

"Is this being custom made by you or someone you know, or is Klipsch making this for you?"

Bill is running an active set up, and Roy has provided the settings to make the combo work. You take the new top section, drop it on top of the LaScala -- and dial it in.

Thanks, Dean. I was wondering if this was a new La Scala II bass bin only (no top section) and then the 402 on top of that, or does Bill have an older La Scala lying around. [:D]

Either way congrats on the Jubs... I would very much like to have a pair someday. [:'(]

Mike

I'm pretty sure Bill is just using an existing LaScala he had. What would work great and not break the bank account are some industrial bottoms with the removable top sections. The K402/K69 on top of that looks pretty cool (it certainly doesn't look any more bizarre than the Oris horns setups I've seen).

post-3205-13819348850516_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments folks. The room color is called "deep spruce". The room is 17'6" x 25' x 8'.

For the center "JubScala", I'm using an industrial bass bin with a K-33 that I already have and putting the 402 above it. Roy provided the crossover, delay, and EQ settings for the Crown Xti.

Roy got the JubScala sound very close the the Jubilee, just less bass.