Klipsch Spotters

thebes

One of the main auditoriums at the University in Rimouski (Université du Québec à Rimouski) has a pair of La Scala as PA speakers. Friends were intrigued when I told them i had a pair at home for music,

How many seats in that auditorium and do the LS do a good job in it?

One of the main auditoriums at the University in Rimouski (Université du Québec à Rimouski) has a pair of La Scala as PA speakers. Friends were intrigued when I told them i had a pair at home for music,

How many seats in that auditorium and do the LS do a good job in it?

Just one pair. They weren't playing music; they were hooked up to the speaker's microphone.

Shopping with the wife at the Hamilton Place mall, Chattanooga TN.

Walked into Pacific Sunwear and the sound was all bloated and crummy :( bose cubes on the ceiling.

A few minutes later we wander into GAP.

Ahh, this is better I think to myself.

A few minutes later it occured to me to look around for the speakers.

Some white Klipsch boxes were hanging from the walls.

Guest srobak

I know they are not Klipsch - but since the subject of retail music has been brought up... :)

Abercrombie & Fitch stores sound pretty decent. I'm not sure but I think they have Tannoy mains and Biamp subs.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest srobak

Not spotted in person - but did see this on the "history" page of Listen Up Audiosystem's webpage at www.listenup.com

However - they no longer appear to deal with Klipsch.

Posted Image

Nebraska Steakhouse on Stone Street downtown NYC. Had a few pairs of KSB1.1's.

Was at a good bar in midtown(broadway and something, was irish place) week prior, and they had a good 6+ pairs of SA-3's. Pretty big for, and sounded great. Can't remember the name, I blame the bartenders. :-)

Not spotted in person - but did see this on the "history" page of Listen Up Audiosystem's webpage at www.listenup.com

However - they no longer appear to deal with Klipsch.

Big-speakers.jpg

I think I just wet myself.... I have all that gear, including the large format JBL horns (you can see the cast throats of the 60x40's) That's one HELL of a load on that lift, does anyone know where that photo is from?

Michael

Guest srobak

From what I could tell, it was an outdoor demo day they were doing back in the day. I remember reading about this actually some time ago somewhere else...They loaded everything up on the hoist and jacked it up in the air and blared it across the mall parking lot to get people's attention to come over and buy gear.

• 3 months later...

Was watching the Price Is Right the other day and they gave away a complete Klipsch system. I'm not positive but it looked like RF-82s and matching surrounds plus a sub. I had to rewind and look again but it was Klipsch. Had it paired witha Denon Reciever. I hope the guy appreciates what he was given.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm a spotter too. Every time we go somewhere; be it the mall, a bar, a restaurant, etc. I'm always looking to see what brand the speakers are. We were at an "outdoor mall" about a month ago, and all the speakers outside were Klipsch. I was actually surprised to see that.................. I've nevre seen Klipsch in another persons house but mine. For at least the last 12 years anyway......