JubScala?

Islander

Roy, do the polars match up well with the scala bass bin and the K402? I don't think I've ever heard or seen "coverage specs" on the scala.

By the way....I got my K402's. Opened one and fine shape. Haven't opened the second one.

Thanks for the help getting them.

jc

Roy, do the polars match up well with the scala bass bin and the K402? I don't think I've ever heard or seen "coverage specs" on the scala.

By the way....I got my K402's. Opened one and fine shape. Haven't opened the second one.

Thanks for the help getting them.

jc

i will have to refresh my memory but if i remember correctly, the polars match in a wide region giving a wide range for crossover freq. i will see what i can find.

did you like the small 402 horn?[8-|]

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

I got two emails asking about a passive for the JubScala. Diehard tube guys aren't going to bite on the Crowns. Heck, diehard solid state guys won't even bite on them!

Tell them about the Dx38 and they can keep their tubes or solid state or both!

If they still don't like that, for gosh sake, shut up, take their money & make them some passives!! [G]

Sell them what they want & not what they need.

Wow. Now that is great news. More the reason to slap some Roy horns on the scala. Integrate a jub bin later or live-on with a scala and killer subs. Roy, you guys may have to put the LS II bin as a item alone. Seriously. I know I would buy some. Heck, put them on the Cinema lineup with black splattered paint. So what if they don't meet THX specs. Us nuts will go for em. Everyone will want one as a center.

jc

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Now that is great news. More the reason to slap some Roy horns on the scala. Integrate a jub bin later or live-on with a scala and killer subs. Roy, you guys may have to put the LS II bin as a item alone. Seriously. I know I would buy some. Heck, put them on the Cinema lineup with black splattered paint. So what if they don't meet THX specs. Us nuts will go for em. Everyone will want one as a center.

jc

JWCullison,

I have not heard of anyone doing this yet, but with all the discussion a while back about the LaScala bass bin mod, just maybe this would be something someone will attempt and place the 402 on top. I will eventually, but not in the short term near future. I do not even have the 402s yet (ordered however).

I will be using the Crowns XTI1000 amps and not knowing much about the amps now, I wonder about the EQ that was stated as necessary for the bass bin mod. How much can be EQ'd with these amps and with the LaScala program that is recommended to be used, would it cover the lower frequencies that probably would need a boost at the same time EQing the recommended fequencies?

Any thoughts, anyone? I'm just trying to look ahead.

Wrinkles

I wonder about the EQ that was stated as necessary for the bass bin mod

I'm not sure what you are asking? There are settings available for the K402 on top of the scala using the DSP section of those Crowns. There will be no guesswork. When you get the amps and the K402's...someone can send the settings to you.

Does that answer your question?

jc

Hi Wrinkles,

I emailed you the file for the amp settings the other day. Did you receive it?

Bill

Bill,

I received the files. Thankyou.

My recent question seems to have been confusing. I will attempt to reword. Sorry.

The question stems from a thread I started
the middle of last year on the use of the ported Bass Bin modification
where a chamber is placed under the LaScalas and the doghouse floor
removed allowing the LaScala bass to supposedly extend down into the low
30s . In that thread a contributor discussed the probable need for
frequency boost down in that frequency area. So, my question is can the
Crowns, in the software, boost that area of the frequency band at
the same time it is providing the necessary adjustments presently
provided in the files provided?

It seems that an area of weakness in the LaScala non-version 2 is
the limited low end. If I felt that the bass from the LaScala bins was not deep
enough, then I was thinking ahead as to how to remedy this. One option
is of course subwoofers, but I'm not sure I would want to use up anymore real
estate.

I hope I reworded the question better.

So, has anyone ventured down this path using Jubscalas with bass bin mod?

Thanks everyone,

Wrinkles

So, my question is can the Crowns, in the software, boost that area of the frequency band at the same time it is providing the necessary adjustments presently provided in the files provided?

Yes, absolutely (as long as there are extra filters left to be used)