Women vs Klipsch

jpm

I had a nice used set of Corns. Then I met her, and eventually she moved in. All of a sudden the Corns were too big as I had to accommodate her big, clunky furniture. I bought a set of RF35s to save space. Traded them on RF7s. Just couldn't get past missing my Heritage sound. Finally traded them on new LaScalas and new electronics (Rega), even though they're as big as a washing machine and she told me she'd move out if I bought them. Well, she doesn't live here anymore, and I couldn't be happier. I like women as much as the next guy, just not living in my house. Chicks come and go... horns live forever. Viva' la Klipsch !!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't just past missing my Heritage sound. Finally traded them on new LaScalas and new electronics (Rega), even though they're as big as a washing machine and she told me she'd move out if I bought them. Well, she doesn't live here anymore, and I couldn't be happier.

If a woman leaves you over your choice of speakers, lucky you! You don't need someone with control issues as severe as that...

I hope your next partner can appreciate your good taste in speakers.

I feared the same thing. Had KLF 30s. Came across some Belles. Had always wanted the Heritage since I couldn't afford Heresys when I bought my first decent system in high school. The girl I was dating at the time was a bit perplexed about the weekend run to Florida (from DC) to pick them up. Then the run to South Carolina to give the 30s to a long time friend. Amazingly, we kept dating. Finally moved in with her. She gave me the basement, and I couldn't be happier. Got married last September. She now thinks the Belles look good. And, she didn't flinch when I said I needed to get a pair of Heresy.

Keep the faith. You can have both.

kevin

Long before I got my Klipsch, I had my JBLs... about the size of Heresies. My wife didn't mind them, nor did she ever mind when I had friends over and I strung mic. cables through the house and we recorded. Let's see, we'll put the drum kit in the kids bedroom... and....

What a saint she was.

Finally traded them on new LaScalas and new electronics (Rega), even though they're as big as a washing machine

Funny how it's easy to describe the size of Heritage speakers by comparing them with household appliances: Heresies are the size of microwave ovens, La Scalas are the size of washing machines, Jubilees are the size of fridges. The weights aren't too far off, either...

I knew I was good for the two kids we have when the PAW allowed Klipschorns in our bedroom at our old house because it was the only room with corners.

She's a keeper, and so are the kids.

Keep looking. It isn't about the 'horns. It's about REAL love. I've returned it, at least I keep trying.

A house without music can never be a home.

Dave

I must be a lucky guy. Though my wife has complained about my K-Horns being too big, she does appreciate their sound. We had my friend's Emerald Physics Horns set up in front of the K-Horns for about a week. My wife said she missed the bass and more natural sound of the K-Horns. Though the Emeralds need to be dialed in (they're bi-amped with DSP crossover, and need to be placed correctly), I love my wife. I think she's attached to the K-Horn sound, and only just now realized it. [A][A][:D]

I feared the same thing. Had KLF 30s. Came across some Belles. Had always wanted the Heritage since I couldn't afford Heresys when I bought my first decent system in high school. The girl I was dating at the time was a bit perplexed about the weekend run to Florida (from DC) to pick them up. Then the run to South Carolina to give the 30s to a long time friend. Amazingly, we kept dating. Finally moved in with her. She gave me the basement, and I couldn't be happier. Got married last September. She now thinks the Belles look good. And, she didn't flinch when I said I needed to get a pair of Heresy.

Keep the faith. You can have both.

kevin

Yes, you can. Keep the basement since it will be your leg up. I gladly compromise with respect to audio in the main floor family room (within reason) because the basement is mine to do with what I please. Sanctuary.

Carl.

She likes the Heresy's, and KG4's, but the Cornwalls still get .. [8-)] .. [*-)] .. but, she helped me move them in. Thank God for my basement family room, The Snake-Pit, because I'd never get away with them upstairs ........... Truth Here Guys, If I had to make a choice between her and the speakers, the Speakers would be gone, YES, that's what I wrote, The Speakers would be gone ............... I've got 34years of marraige, two kids, a house, and my Boxer, and they mean more to me than any speakers....... I can buy any old speakers ...... I can't replace my family or the 34 years invested in it !!!!!! I'll get beat up for this, I don't care ..................