Gas Prices, etc. ....

oldbuckster

CONSERVE .................... Make them eat their Oil ............... Gas is just one argument, Home Fuel Oil is a bigger problem to people in Cold Weather Areas ............. Bottom line : We'll all pay the price ........ no matter what it is .............. LEARN TO CONSERVE !!!!!!!!!!

Regular Un-Leaded ; $4.02 ............... Bingo !!!!!!!

People have mentioned the high mileage of the mid 80s VW diesels. The did get 50+ mpg. Now we have cleaner air. Personally, I will take the cleaner air over the mileage. Industry has cleaned up its act a lot too. Chattanooga's air in the 60s and beginning of the 70s was so polluted you almost couldn't see downtown from the top of Lookout Mountain.

Of course... all the foundries have now closed... BUT we can breathe!

We will get even with China (see pic). BTW, the nice looking scooter in the lower left is electric, and costs about $400 US.

post-7149-1381937434271_thumb.jpg

We're a driving society, I don't think we've seen a price of gas yet that will make us stop doing the things we believe are "regular" activities, we need to do.

We did a good job at killing off the passenger rail system in the U.S., but that can be built up again. Most U.S. cities also have poor bus and light rail systems.

I know a lot of people I work iwth who have dramatically cut back on their driving. I have cut out at least 200 miles per week. I started taking my lunch, so I wouldn't have to drive off campus to eat (cafeteria is closed in the summer). It's 5 miles to the nearest eatery.The school where I work has also placed restictions on driving, as they must also work within a budget.

This is what I found stunning on my visit to China last Fall. Many cities have outlawed gas motorcycles and scooters, so the electric ones are becoming very popular. Buses run everywhere in the larger cities (over 160 cities with over 1 million people). Buses don't seem to be restricted to class like you might find over here. They are trying to clean up their air, but are growing at such a fast rate, and the corruption is huge.

korea limits car engines to 4 cylinders and then taxes heavily anything bigger then that (i.e. 6 cylinder, etc)

People have mentioned the high mileage of the mid 80s VW diesels. The did get 50+ mpg. Now we have cleaner air. Personally, I will take the cleaner air over the mileage. Industry has cleaned up its act a lot too. Chattanooga's air in the 60s and beginning of the 70s was so polluted you almost couldn't see downtown from the top of Lookout Mountain.

Of course... all the foundries have now closed... BUT we can breathe!

if you drive those VW diesels today, it should be cleaner as America switched over to the european style diesel (higher cleaner grade) and changed from the diesel that trains and boats used.

Guest srobak

BTW, the nice looking scooter in the lower left is electric, and costs about $400 US.

Why does it have an exhaust pipe?

its cleaner but the main thing is they remove a lot of the sulfur so it should smell a lot less which is a good thing. I should buy a VW golf.

bad thing is about ulsd is that the sulfur is the lubricating part for the fuel system. still the same ole smell too!

$3.99 regular unleaded. $4.95 diesel. indiana.

BTW, the nice looking scooter in the lower left is electric, and costs about $400 US.

Why does it have an exhaust pipe?

Uh, wrong pic. Many of the electrics there look the same from a distance. [:$]