Gas Prices, etc. ....

oldbuckster

Jeff, those fancy plugs make the bug run real well, but the overall "frequency response" is the same - old bugs like to run best at around 2500rpm, staying out of fourth gear around town, so for the car overall it's still about 0-60mph in 30 seconds.

Even more fun is how long it takes to top out. Got our 1500 cc up to 85mph once on a flat straightaway. Almost never use fourth gear either. Love that car!

You still have the Alpha Romeo?

At the drag strip one day there was a green bug with a kind of small bulge by the back bumper. He had small slicks on the back, a number painted on the car, and everybody was laughing when he was staging up. He roars down the track at 13.4 seconds in the quarter at 98 mph. Everybody crapped their pants. Turns out he had a Porsche engine in it. And the beat goes on.

JJK

Yeah JB, still have the Alfa Romeo. God that's a great car! Took it in for inspection last week. Put your insurance proof on the dash, wait inside. Later I hear this beautiful sound fire up. I have to smile, its the alfa. Sounds better from the outside than from the comfy inside. No one else understood when i started laughing cause it sounded so great. Spent the same amount of money on a preamp and amp. They both sound great, not sure which i could part with if i had to choose....

It's just music to my ears man. Sure there are cars with more power more luxury more handling. But none with the combination of her! At the price.

$4.39 for truck diesel. $4.69 for car diesel.

Why the difference??

the truck (commercial) diesel is tax exempt. the commercial vehicles over 10,000 pounds gvw pay a road tax based on mileage in each state versus amount of gallons bought in that state. the regular car diesel is taxed like regular unleaded. atleast that's how it is in these parts!![8-|]

When I think of all the fuel and energy being used around the world everday it just blows my mind.That said,it's almost boating season,can't wait to get on the lake and waste more fuel.As I said before,it's sure sounds bad,and may be,but wherever I go everybody's got new cars,houses and toys of all kinds spendin bread like there's no tomorrow(and I live in a very depressed region).