Gas Prices, etc. ....

oldbuckster

Guest srobak

And remember - oil companies only averaged 30 billion in profits last quarter... not nearly enough - so let's raise gas to $4+... bend over!

We should be drilling for our OWN! But, then again, we might offend a grasshopper, or some kind of rare worm.

Thanks to the "environmentalists" we dont dare drill in Alaska. We have plenty here, just can't drill for it.

Brilliant.

Take care

Mike

I hate that reasoning! So what! If I wanted to pay $8.00 a gallon for gas I guess I'd live in Iceland.

They have awful dental care in England, does that mean we should have bad teeth here, too?

I love that reasoning...nitelife is better, girls are hotter, crime is lower, whale oil is plentiful, Bjork. That is worth the extra $4 per.

I don't know that this is particularly alarming. Remember the lines and rationing back in the 70's? If your license plate ended with an even number, you could buy on even days (or something like that). Even then, there were still big lines.

That's when cars became very small and much more fuel efficient. We retreated from that with the advent of the SUV. Not that the SUV caused it. Better gas prices caused people to care less about gas, which prompted the desire for bigger cars once again.

I think we are headed back to the basics. This is cyclical. Development is required and takes time. It always lags the market.

Anyone know if prices in other nations are on the rise as quickly as ours are?