The Ice Cream Truck

Deang

When you're little they're really cool -- when you're big you hide from them. After you have kids you keep a shotgun handy.

We live on a really busy street and I can't even remember the last time I've heard one -- probably the only real advantage to living on a street like we do. I just got a call from Deb, who was cruising through a plat with the kids in the back in the seat. Alexia, who's not quite three yet, says ..

"Mommy, I hear Angel music!"

Jeez...I see like 10 a day. In addition to the regular truck we have a lot of the ice cream bicycle vendors - the bikes with the giant coolers on the front. Bells. No recording. They are all over the parks next to my house. I have a 3 yr old. It's crazy.

When I was growing up there were rival ice cream men. First, there was the "ding dong" man. That was the ice cream man we all knew in our neighborhood that would ring the bell and you could get your frozen treats. Can't remember how much it cost.

Then came "Mr. Softy"........the commercial outfit. No ding dong bell. They had a highly decorated truck with a big horn on the top of the truck playing "that song". The song used to get stuck in my head and it was usually pretty loud. Mr. Softy of course had the soft serve ice cream cones.

I hate the "Mr softy" and his stupid music!!!

We have a generic Soft serve guy who cruises my Neighborhood ....I work a weird shift at work and every time I'm ready to grag some sleep, here comes ahole soft serve guy with his stupid lame music....keeping me awake!!!!!

Now the Good Humor Man....thats a different story......

We live on an extremely busy street and we have to man the front door as soon as we hear the blurt from what ever room or activity the boys are doing and they could literally have the HT system cranked up with the Incredibils on and still hear that "Ice Cream" truck coming[:o]

We keep dollars in our hall tree drawer in our foyer as this is a speacial treat all us kids remember[;)] Hurd, your killin' me as my wife just made me pick her (supposed to be us!) a box of Red, White & Blue bombs up the other night[:|] LOL

My son and I have talked about setting up a speaker outside and running the ice cream truck song through it. It'd be great to see all the neighborhood kids freak out. I have the tune too it's on a special effects disc. Mark