Outside Right Now

jacksonbart

That's cool JB.........Same weather here in SE Wicsonsin. [Y]

I thought about getting those rock speakers........in the meantime I'm using two 15" Velodyne subs and RB-35's on each side of the patio overlooking the fire pit.

I'm diggin' it.

I have some Dayton Rock speakers, work pretty well actually for the outside.

Looks like they blend in quite nicely too!

[Y]

Some people won't be happy though, until I make the unsolicited suggestion that you replace your Dayton Rock speakers with some Jubilee rock speakers!

[^o)]

does this mild weather in August mean we're going to freeze to death this winter?

It's 60 here at 9 am in Indy. We've had only 3 days above 90 this summer. Last year was like 35 days in a row.

I'd better go shovel mulch while I can, eh?

Take your pick, Michael: The Farmer's Almanac predicts a colder-than-average winter, while the US Weather Service predicts a warmer-than-average winter. My money's on the farmers! -Glenn

Yes. A very mild summer. And even when it's hit the high 80s or 90+ degrees, it's cooled off pretty well at night.

It seems like the Farmer's Almanac is right more often than th US Weather Service but don't really pay that much attention.

A little wamer than average would be idea but a little coldr than average wouldn't be so bad if only a little colder than average. It's the wild Indiana temperature swings that make the winters tough. 50 to 60 one week, below zero the next. My ideal winter would be fairly mild with enough snow just a few times for the kids to play in and cold enough to kill off the excess bugs with nice gentle temperature changes. And I could do with a lot less wind. We live across from a bean field (corn or tomatoes in other years) and any snow with wind creates some gnarly drifts in our driveway - right in front of the garage and fills in our driveway pretty well out by the road.

• Moderators

I like Jacksonbart's view more. Real trees that wil not die if you turn off the sprinklers.

It doesn't rain like this very much here. We get less than 4" per year. This is a big deal when it rains like this.

But if you put those real trees in the desert they will also die without sprinklers, but if you put your trees in PA they will freeze to death, just can't win sometimes. [;)]

Really though we get 60" of rain here a year, but I would NOT want to live somewhere that is hotter than it is here in the summer, I don't know how you do it ?

We've had a very pleasant 60-85 degree August here in Indy. I've spent a lot of time outdoors planning the workshop with builders. I'll inspect the references and a local job in progress of one guy, but I think he's the one. Going to have a proper foundation, stick framed structure built to the shell stage. My brother, friends and I will then be enjoying plenty of sun and fresh air by putting up the siding, electrical, insulation and drywall. It might be a fun autumn here.

Sunny South Florida: 86 degrees (cool for this time of the year...) and about 100% humidity... water still standing from Fay, but slowly draining. Billions & billions of mosquitos!! Not safe to go outside around sunrise and sundown + 1/2 hour on either side. They will swarm you, suck you dry and then start eating you to the bone... They are so bad, I've got to head to Walmart and get 2-3 big bottles of those spray things that you connect to a garden hose and do an area around the house to keep them off my wife and the kids in the morning.