Seagrams Crown Royal... any idea of value?

Coytee

Mom has this sitting on her shelf. Seal is intact, bottle is dated 1961. Anyone know anything about this? She doesn't want it... (I don't drink).... sell this on Ebay? Bribe Roy for another pair of Jubilees? Bribe JC for a 10% discount off a digital exam?? [+o(]

OK, I was kidding on the JC part....I'd insist on 15% [:|]

post-15072-13819418805268_thumb.jpg

Last one... although 'unopened', seal again has been broken and contents are maybe 50% missing... (evaporated?) [:^)]

The last couple with the broken seals strike me as more interesting decanters whereas the first one might have some "other" value due to its potential contents!! [;)]

post-15072-13819418831136_thumb.jpg

Only a collector would be interested and I'm not sure if anyone does that sort of thing. The whiskey itself depending on exposure to light may or may not be drinkable. At least it is in glass and not plastic, but the color looks off in the photo. Once spirits are bottled they gain nothing from age, and usually lose a lot over time. You never know, someone born in 1961 might be interested. The stand would be of as much interest as the rest of it.

I dated a girl and her grandparents had a 1960's bar fully stocked all botles sealed. It was difficult to not break some seals.

It looks like there is some value to this bottle. Check ebay and also completed items. They range in price from $30 - $300. The decantur is probably worth the most. Find a collector website as well as ebay.

Mom has this sitting on her shelf. Seal is intact, bottle is dated 1961. Anyone know anything about this? She doesn't want it... (I don't drink).... sell this on Ebay? Bribe Roy for another pair of Jubilees? Bribe JC for a 10% discount off a digital exam?? Ick!

OK, I was kidding on the JC part....I'd insist on 15% Indifferent

My mother in-law has a bottle allmost identical to that in her basement. It must have been a popular "give-away" back in the day. I think my father in-law got it as some sort of award where he used to work.

The seal is cracked, but the bottle is full. My grandfather gave it to me about 25 years ago, and I think one of the kids opened it to smell it, although they would not admit it. Angry

If by "smell it" you mean they got togehter with their tiny bopper friends and drank 1/2 of the bottle and then topped it off with water, then you are correct.

Mom has this sitting on her shelf. Seal is intact, bottle is dated 1961. Anyone know anything about this? She doesn't want it... (I don't drink).... sell this on Ebay? Bribe Roy for another pair of Jubilees? Bribe JC for a 10% discount off a digital exam?? Ick!

OK, I was kidding on the JC part....I'd insist on 15% Indifferent

How did I miss this thread?

Richard.....I got your email....have a lot going on at the moment.

I have no idea what that Crown is worth or know what happens to the taste over that many years. I may need to refer to some experts. But the idea of having that bottle.........got my wife's attention. It could be one of those things that I hold onto until the day I retire....then crack the seal for a huge swig.

jc