• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• At CES 2022, Klipsch unveiled the Jubilee, a highly anticipated speaker that pays homage to the brand's legacy while incorporating modern technology. The Jubilee features a classic design, premium materials, and advanced acoustic engineering aimed at delivering exceptional sound quality. With its unique horn-loaded system, it promises to provide powerful, clear audio across a wide frequency range. The announcement generated excitement among audiophiles and music lovers, highlighting Klipsch's commitment to innovation and craftsmanship in the audio space. If you’d like to know more about its specs or features, let me know!
    • yep, just another day in the era of science and fiction.
    • I'm using identical amps, so I don't have this issue.  The only way to do this correctly would be to either get the gain specifications from both manufacturers or have the proper equipment to measure the gain of each amp and adjust the gain in the DSP (or using the amp gain control if it has any) to compensate for the difference.  Since we are talking about amplifier outputs, I imagine you would need the proper gear to handle amplifier output level signals to do such a measurement.  I would not recommend trying this unless you know what you are doing and have the proper gear.   Other than that, this would be relatively inexpensive to try.  This is just an "off the top of my head" idea.  Get USB measurement microphone and download the REW software.  Set the mic up about 2 meters away from one speaker at ear level.  Try to have the speaker and the mic away from the room boundaries by a greater distance if possible.  Maybe put some sound absorbing material at the first reflection point on the floor between the speaker and mic.   Do a frequency sweeps about one or two octaves on either side of the crossover frequency and adjust the gain in the DSP until you get a flat response in that region.
    • that's precisely my intent.  will be using an optical output into my dac.  it's a bit overwhelming for me right now, so many options with DAC's. Saber/Burr Brown/Cirrus etc. etc...... this guy's a bit goofy but goes through some good info to consider.    
    • The PC is being built by Maingear, this will be my first from them, but I did previously buy one of their laptops and a desktop for my daughters. Actually the previous desktop was supposed to be for me, but my eldest said she needed it for college so I've been using the same ole desktop for going about 9 years. Maingear offers both Linux and 11 pro for server grade PC's. I know jackshyt about Linux other that it's supposed to be a rock solid OS. Anyway, I only had the one choice for compatibility reasons.   When I arrived at the engineering firm in OK the office was split, about 70/30 on PC/Apple.... and I hear yea on the graphics thing, slowly but surely Darwinism was kicking-in and most of the old stuborn dogs reluctantly switch to PC's, but there were still some hardcore mac dudes. It got kind of laugable during my final years years with the die-hard Mac'ster running "Windows" software or some kind of Window's emulation software on their mac's just so they could use certain engineering programs.
    • bs. Don't be fooled by propaganda. Learn lessons and work together to make systems work. That's my non-political view and donate to reputable charities to help people out. {NOTE: I agree FEMA isn't perfect and think it's important to fund and staff it efficiently.}
    • unfortunately the best way, if you set on streaming from your computer, is via optical link to external DAC. if you get a motherboard with acl1220 audio processing, then it will sound decent but not elite. Bluetooth will also work reasonably well.   I use Optical to Topping Amp to Focal 100iwlcr speakers and a Dayton Low Profile Subwoofer. I am using the internal motherboard acl1220 processing. I would not suggest anything lower than that codec.   I run this with the latest JRiver audio player/library.   I would never run my computer to a main system, but that's just me.
    • Sorry bud - I missed your message.  They are in my storage unit now... but its right along the edge of the surround... Left speaker in the image at about 11'oclock... its barely noticeable.  I think after a bit of a clean up with some alcohol, just a dab of rubber cement would fix it right up.   These do have some ... ahem...  mouse evidence I noticed as I was putting them into storage - a few dropping in the surround area.  So they need a cleanup.. not terrible, but full disclosure as I dont want you to waste your time.     I'm not doing myself any favors with the gory details - but I've rescued worse.. lol.  Its okay if no-one wants them..  I just have to try before pitching them as I would never forgive myself if someone needed them.   Let me know - I'm around tomorrow and can meet you at the storage unit if you want to take a look.  Its just off US23 exit 79.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Radharani4156