• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Dang @wheelman been a while since I've heard any from those b*lls to the w*ll guys!   @dirtmudd Ice T impressed me with his on screen personas long ago especially in that NYC Cop show! He can get heavy at times. What you posted above is one of them, lots of truthful observation in his adaptation of that classic rock song that came out in high school for me.   Now me? This is where I'm at right now.   Well the sun came up and a new day dawned Didn't make a bit of difference to me With the curtains drawn in the candlelight I was up all night  Feeling alright (Up all night, feeling alright) 'Cause the world goes 'round if it's dark or light It don't really matter But the clocks wind down Any time is right Waking up all night Feeling alright (Up all night, feeling alright) And it's been confirmed if you stay up late It starts getting early But it takes as long as it does to write a song And you dance all night It's alright (Up all night) You'll be up all night I didn't need to be up all night With the curtains drawn In the candlelight And the moonlight Feeling alright! I was up all night (Up all night) I was up all night Feeling alright Up all night Up all night   (Not Really Feelin' Alright) for my part.    
    • Thank you for this advice. I have a USB microphone and REW, but haven’t worked with them enough to understand it yet. I will remember these options and later read up more on it so I can better understand what you mean here.
    • I would disconnect all four speakers, making sure the wires don't short to each other or anything else.   I would then remove and test each speaker, one at a time, by connecting them to the speaker wires of your main speaker pair. If each speaker tested does not pop/cut out/delay, then the speakers are fine. Be sure to wiggle the connections at the speaker end just in case there is a bad solder joint. Tap and rap on the speakers to see of stressing them like that reproduces the problems you're having.   Next, I would disconnect the four speakers from the receiver, and disconnect the wires from the speakers. Now that the wires are not connected to anything, I'd twist one end together and using a voltmeter set to resistance, verify you have a low resistance reading that doesn't fluctuate. I'd guess you'll see a number of just a few ohms, certainly under ten.   I'm thinking you merely have loose connections at the receiver end because all four speakers can't possibly be bad. According to the Yamaha manual, IF you are using banana plugs, be sure the red/black knobs are tight BEFORE inserting the banana plugs. If you're using bare wire, loosen the knobs completely, insert the wire, then tighten the knobs. No need to crank down on the knobs as obviously you don't want to break them. I have Yamaha amps so I'm familiar with how those speaker terminals work.   Report back with your results.
    • Hello everyone,   I bought 4 in wall Klipsch speakers (Klipsch R1650W 140-Watt In-Wall Speaker - White - Single) for my theatre room set up and for some reason after I have them set up and connected to my av receiver (Yamaha - RXV6A 7.2 channel receiver), the audio cuts out a bit and/or gets delayed and I have heard some popping noises as well. Does anybody know how I can fix this or what the issue is? Do I need to unconnected the wiring to the receiver as well as speakers or do I need banana plugs? Please help. Thank you.
    • Page 440 kept me thinking error?      The 440 Login Timeout status code is typically displayed as an error page on the client side (in the user's browser). This page informs the user that the session has timed out, usually advising them to try logging in again
    • That brings back memories  I built my own state board from pictures back then  And my hair was very long ,  but funny enough I did wear a slouch hat back then from the army disposal shop 
    • I'm interested in them if Madman1 doesn't get them.
    • @KT88 Actually, yes, it was this thread!  Okay, thank you  H Well, the sound of the speaker is gorgeous, can't say if it's due to alnico as I didn't compare to the ferrite. But now, the crossover is back to Type E with 2uf mundorf removed and it's a whole different beast when the bullshit is gone. I'll see to only ship the K-77 then if you feel that the K-55-V doesn't need it yet. No idea why but the removal of the 33uf on the woofer also helped a lot the bass as well.      They are lively and really enjoyable, I wouldn't say they are for all kind of music as they're extremly revealing of the sound. I missed the realism of horns (I had one horn speaker designed to reproduce concerts in Japan but age didn't do it justice and most of them are now in spare parts). I didn't feel that much the lack of bass all in all, sure it could go lower but I felt more like my own home needed to be actually much bigger, that's the first time even with big speakers that I have to care about the space and square meter of a home.    They had an S engraved on the case so definitely 1978.    The Type E2 was for a K-22-K which was 93db vs 95db K-22-E(F). 
    • I agree.   It looks like everything is running normal with the amplifier.   Thanks for everyone's insight / help-info.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ArshvirAtwal