• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• This is not scientific, just how my system is now - and I like it.    I have KHorns and Cornwall 4s in my house. I have the UFO2 and a Parasound A23+ in service. I had the UFO on the KHorns for a while and found I was very aware of the squawker. Not in a good way.   The CW has a great mid range whatever feeds it. I know have the SS on the KHorns and UFO2 on the CWs and it sounds perfect. great match for each - I've run the KHorns for 5+ years with the Parasound and I've always been happy. There are posts by me on the subject. I have not found the upper bound of high volume with the UFO2. they can drive a speaker just fine. 
    • I was able to buy Klipsch horns first hand from 1973 and I am very happy with this purchase. Unfortunately, one wooferr is rattling at the voice coil. Question, I have absolutely no experience with Khorns while I know the old LaScala fairly well. How do you remove the woofer from the bass cabinet? There are eight screws, not only 4 like on my 1977 LaScala. The screws from behind are hardly to reach. Then I see these two black metal rods with 2 wing nuts each fixed that obviously fixes the baffle together with the screw mounted woofer to the compression opening? Do I only have to loosen these wing nuts then remove the rods and can I then remove the woofer with the baffle from the side where I have access tp the woofer chamber? Please have a look at the photos. Many thanks for your valued help.        
    • Dr. Bill's (not me) recipe':    *remember fire hazard* BLO heats up as it dries so any rags and whatnot should be thouroughly washed with water and soap and disposed of safely...preferrably outside...   the Drs. recipe' IIRC: 3 parts Gum Turpentine to 1 part BLO...I found mine at Home Depot but should be able to find anywhere...good luck but wanted to share...Do only in a well ventilated area...   Bill
    • I'm guessing you don't drink de-caffinated drinks?    
    • Oldest story in the books, why else is Edie with Paul Simon??   This is supposed to be for that Italian Hot Rod Cappuccino maker that @Full Range posed a couple days ago. Really only the second line fits but I'll take any excuse to post their music!    
    • Wow! Paul. Does it take lots of time for maintenance ?  My Rancilio Rocky grinder, bought after one of the TX guys here talked about his. It takes a little more than I was used to but it will be working `till my last day!   "She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean..." I'll put that tune elsewhere!
    • Crap...it might impart "diffusion". 😉
    • The frugal audiophile speaker stand. 
    • Making fun?  Me?  With the Aussies?  roflmao  You're ALL so outta the box it's ahhhhmazing the stuff that surfaces there.  You know the back story on my Aussie chickie.  Rugby?  You're ALL totally whacked in such a good way.  Look what Malcom and Angus did!  STILL can't think of that Tina Turner song's name.  Actually have a pic of a streaker running thru the band one year at the OSU Michigan game somewhere.  Couldn't find it the other night.  It'll surface and I will.   😂😂
    • And sorry to say, but in my opinion they are overhyped.  I had one, it sounded nice, but not that special. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CreatingImages