NO COMPROMISING!

Danely15

Me and my gf of 4 years have been argueing over a couch in the den. She wants one and i want a theater style slightly curved 5 seat reclining chairs, all connected. She wants to be able to lay down and watch tv... i want to sit in the middle position and enjoy my speakers! It is my house and she just moved in about a month ago... should i move her out til i get the money for the seating then she cant do anything about it? lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im only 26 and this is relatively new to me. Thanks in advance.

Daniel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO COMPROMISING

my gf of 4 years

She wants

She wants

she just moved in about a month ago

I'm not going to get in the middle of a war but just like our youth might be our formative years, perhaps our early experiences with our significant other become formative to what happens with us later on.

You're either going to compromise or you are not. You're either going to make her happy or you are not. You (ultimately) are going to do what she wants (or can live with) or you are not.

Maybe put your chairs in like you want... toss a beanbag in front of them as her couch? [6] Don't they make recliners??

If you think she will become your wife, then remember to pick & choose your battles wisely. I don't really care HOW my wife decorates anything (fortunately, she's artistic). She could paint the whole house and bedroom in pink fru-fru something or another and I really coudln't care much less. I however, have been pretty headstrong that I like large ugly speakers, and don't mind what she might want to do to compensate for them. Implicit in that is, I'm NOT going to be tossing them out on the curb like she might want.

Report back and let us (guys) know what it really feels to be wholloped upside the head with a frying pan after you put your foot down in your house about your stuff! [:|]

She could paint the whole house and bedroom in pink fru-fru something or another and I really coudln't care much less. I however, have been pretty headstrong that I like large ugly speakers, and don't mind what she might want to do to compensate for them. Implicit in that is, I'm NOT going to be tossing them out on the curb like she might want.

I also have that thinking. I just want to be surrounded by big speakers and cool looking gear. Btw, leather recliners are the icing on the cake for me. [Y]

Good Luck. [:D]

• Moderators

You must compromise, get the slightly curved 5 seat reclining chairs, BUT let her stay ! Sounds fair ! [:|]

Just kidding, but to make a fair judgment we need a pic, income potential and a rough estimate of how much she complains and or whine's ! [8-)]

Why not get the 5 chair set-up that consist of a center chair with a love seat on one side and then two separate recliners on the other side. So when she wants to relax she can be in the love seat one and recline both of them at the same time.

Go luck with your delema.... We are standing behind you, far behind you.... [:P]

James

Personally I like the 5 HT seat option but I do not live with your GF. If I had to pick a second option I'd go for the 5 seat HT with the loveseat attached. Of course there is the whole she just moved in and your getting stressed about this already....yep we are standing behind you, way in the back of the room near the bar [H]

He needs.... as soon as possible: a WAF-O-Meter; a WAF Toy Acceptance Matrix (full version); and a football helmet....DevilWink

Gees.. GF of 4 months telling you whats what in YOUR home. absolutly bring out the WAF O-meter.. and like Groomlakearea51 suggested - the full version one.

yep we are standing behind you, way in the back of the room near the bar Cool

funny as - yep we will definitely be cheering you on from WAYYYYY BACK in the room behind the bar. Go get em tiger... If you back down from this one now - say say-ya-nar-ra to your Klipsch speakers in 6 months time...

Gees.. GF of 4 months telling you whats what in YOUR home. absolutly bring out the WAF O-meter.. and like Groomlakearea51 suggested - the full version one.

Not to correct you but it's a GF of four YEARS and just moved in a month ago. Surprise

lol, that's quite a bit of difference there...

I vote for the couch, but only because I think they're more comfortable than theater chairs...

Not to correct you but it's a GF of four YEARS and just moved in a month ago. Surprise

Thanks Coytee - i stand corrected [:$]

this is what WAF for 11 years does to ya. My mind is like a jigsaw puzzle. it has all the pieces but maybe not all in the right place