Oh, yea baby!

dtel's wife

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now finding a living room big enough is a different problem.

Living room? I'm thinking JC's gonna need a ballroom!* Amazing score. Eldon and Christy are surely two of the most selfless, giving friends on this forum! And Dave could charge for a seminar on how to find these deals!

* I know, I know...he needs larger trousers...[;)]

Dean,

Do you understand the benefits of maximum headroom? You don't have to play it loud to enjoy transient attack, ultra clear bass with low distortion and crystal clear vocals.

I don't even know how to respond -- I think I've just been insulted. :)

Hi Mark -- I'm a former Klipschorn and Jubilee owner, and I've certainly been around long enough to appreciate the benefits of high efficiency in a loudspeaker system. But let's get real here -- I don't think anyone buys a system like that for settling into those nice 80-85dB listening sessions :)

• Moderators

Something is bothering me about those pics dtel took. These are in much better shape than the pictures show. The folks holding the auction didn't know what they were doing....so they placed the bass bins with the fronts on the floor! So the fronts of the bins have a few scratches....needless to say I couldn't see the front of the bins when bidding on them. That being said....these babies are in real good shape IMO... considering the price we paid.

I was really nervous about doing this for JC. It's a lot of responsibility to buy something for someone else, especially at an auction.

After I had the winning bid on these I happened to meet one of the former owners....I asked him, "Where in the world were these?" He said, "In our showroom"! At that point I felt confident with the purchase I made for JC.

When dtel and I get a few minutes we are going over to the storage, clean the dust off of 'em and take a couple more pics.

Maybe JC will tell you guys what his plans are for these. I can assure you they are going to have plenty of "headroom", according to what JC told me. What's even "sicker", he has big plans to incorporate those other eight bins he has in storage now!

I can't wait to hear the final setup. I have the utmost confidence in JC's ability to make this the "sickest" system most of us have ever heard.

We really aren't that nice....we did this in the event anything happened to JC we would have the "sickest" system any of us have ever heard.[;)] Honestly, we did this for JC because we think he is one heck of a nice guy. I believe "what you give, you get" and most often "what you give comes back to you ten fold".

I owed JC this after the deal he gave us on his 402s not even two months ago. I am just glad I was able to go to the auction and he's getting his beloved 402s back plus more!

So, JC when did you say this system would be ready....I need to know so we can plan that crawfish boil![:P]

JC,

I hope those beauties don't get shoved into storage..........I wanna come over there and see and hear them with your 1.2KW Mac amps. You have the new King Klipsch speakers on this forum.

I want my picture taken with those things. They are just awesome.

By the way..........if you need a place to store them for the summer........and don't mind if they get used a little.........[:D]......we can have one heck of a party over here..........you know with my unlimited volume neighborhood and all.

I was fortunate enough to spend several hours at Marks listening to the mwm/402 combo and it sounded just as good at low levels as it did louder. They sounded great. If you have the room why not. I'd like to know what PWK would have said if he learned people would be using these in the home. I was talking to an ex Klipsch employee named Dexter. He may be veneering my Jubilee clones this winter. When I told him people were using MWMs in their homes he laughed for 10 minutes. Then I collected some pics posted on this forum and mailed them to him. I wish I could have seen his face when he opened the envelope.

Hey tubes-n-horns, the speakers in my avatar measure flat down to just BELOW 30hz. in my room. I have them in corners. I have posted the curves before but I am work and don't have them now. Don't believe everything you read. You could do better or worse in your own application. Nobody comes to my house and asks "Where's the bass"? Ha. what a joke. Let me know when you are traveling close to Athens, Ga. Big Smile

Yeah, I suspect I will eat my words (and I'm looking forward to it) when I hear one of these setup. LOUD and CLEAN 30hz, no doubt. Thanks for the offer.

Rick

I want my picture taken with those things. They are just awesome.

Here's the camera you need to use. Man, those things are gi-normous!

latestrelease.jpg

Now that is what I call large format photography.

That just makes me shutter...., then I get all emulsional about it...

Dean,

Do you understand the benefits of maximum headroom? You don't have to play it loud to enjoy transient attack, ultra clear bass with low distortion and crystal clear vocals.

I don't even know how to respond -- I think I've just been insulted. :)

Hi Mark -- I'm a former Klipschorn and Jubilee owner, and I've certainly been around long enough to appreciate the benefits of high efficiency in a loudspeaker system. But let's get real here -- I don't think anyone buys a system like that for settling into those nice 80-85dB listening sessions :)

:o)

Not to offend you Dean... I just couldn't understand your comment.

On the otherhand... The speakers will look big in most anyones house. I really want to see the look on his wife's face when he tells her what he bought.

• Moderators

Trust me, she won't be the least bit surprised. Surprise

Well now Mark, that makes me feel much better![:S] I was hoping dtel and I weren't in the middle of a WAF issue![:o] Although if JC followed one or more of my suggestions there might not be a WAF issue![;)] I know JC wouldn't put us in that position![^o)]

BTW, JC, I really am just kidding.![:D]

If my wife feels that I'm trying to push the issue of getting those things in my house....she will come up with all kinds of ideas of building a seperate building. There isn't a good way to put those in my basement anyway.

We are building a small cabin in Missouri in the Ozarks.....I have my say for its basement. Haven't decided yet what I'm gonna do there yet.

O/W.....gonna go in a potential shop as there is a huge delay in getting into a new house anytime soon.

jc

If my wife feels that I'm trying to push the issue of getting those things in my house....she will come up with all kinds of ideas of building a seperate building. There isn't a good way to put those in my basement anyway.

We are building a small cabin in Missouri in the Ozarks.....I have my say for its basement. Haven't decided yet what I'm gonna do there yet.

O/W.....gonna go in a potential shop as there is a huge delay in getting into a new house anytime soon.

jc

The Ozarks are beautiful!!! Sounds like fun.

• Moderators

We are building a small cabin in Missouri in the Ozarks.....I have my say for its basement.

Isn't that a contradiction... A small cabin with a basement? j/k, I hope you know.

Bruce

A small cabin about 600-800 sf with a 2000sf basement ! [:o] I don't know really, just kidding I should stay out of this, we caused enough problems already. [;)]