Plaxico and Dante

mark1101

Am I off base or is there something a little wrong with the system? Plaxico accidentally fires a weapon in a public place........hurts no one but himself......a VERY stupid thing to do......but an accident. Dante gets drunk, runs over someone........killing them, gets a DUI and manslaughter. Dante goes to jail for 30 days, Plaxico 2 years.

Thats partly because mayor Bloomberg decided that he needed to make public comments about Plaxico's case and setting an example. I'm with you on this one Mark. Stallworth should be doing some hard time for killing another human being DUI. Plaxico should have gotten alot less than 2yrs for shooting himself. Now Plaxico did make a plea deal, which he had to do IMHO. I really believe Plaxico would have gotten the 3.5yrs if it had gone to trial. Confirms what I think about the judicial system in general.

Plaxico deserved what he got because he is an idiot. At least he will not be totin no Glocks into nightclubs for the next 2 years. Anybody dumb enough to do that in NYC should be removed from the breeding cycle for at least that long. A good lesson for the thugs who worship goons like him

Plaxico got exactly what he deserved for being an idiot. He will not be totin no glocks into no nightclubs for a while. This moron needs to be out of the breeding cycle for a while. A good lesson for all of the young thuggies watchin this goon go to the slammer.

As for dante.. about 20 yeard would be the min in my court. Or maybe being tied mp in the middle of the steet and rand over by a Bentley would be a better idea.. but.. we are more concerned with the criminal that the victim.. Prety sad state of affairs.

I have no use whatsoever for Bloomberg or the gun laws in NYC. It is jerks like Plaxico that will destroy the second amendment.He can rot in jail.

Dante gets drunk, runs over someone........killing them, gets a DUI and manslaughter. Dante goes to jail for 30 days, Plaxico 2 years.

In Florida, with DUI cases, the prosecutor has to prove that someone's impairment actually caused the accident. In this case, the victim jay-walked in the path of Stallwoth. The burden of proof had to show that only an intoxicated driver would have not been able to avoid the collision. In this case they could not prove that an unimpaired person would have avoided hitting the victim.

Bill

I did not follow the case- all I know is that he was 2 x the limit and he killed somebody. What you say makes sense. FLorida is supposed really tough on DWIs where people are killed.I was flabbergasted that he got off that easy.

He certainly was the sacrificial goat for Vick in the suspension dept.This guy got nuked by Godel- rightfully so- and Vick got nothing from the NFL- wrong.

some hypocricy in my opinion. the club security guard gives the gun to the friend, the friend takes the gun home, the hospital staff fail to report it--all violations of the law--yet, only plaxico is charged with a crime. as stupid as plaxico was--there is a lot of politics involved in this case. so the politicians can have a high profile case to point to that shows the public that they made good on their campaign promises--the taxpayers have to foot a very large bill for the next couple of years.

i personally think that what he did was incredibly stupid and he better be thankful that he didn't accidently shoot another person. but, i feel prison should be for violent criminals--not for stupid people. there has to be a better way to punish people that aren't a direct threat to the public (meaning prison should be for murders, rapists, batterers, etc...not tax evaders, swindlers, etc...). there has to be a more creative way to punish some of these people. Make him spend 2 years working a minimum wage job at McDonalds or something, fine him a million dollars, i don't know--save the prisons for people that are out there intentionally hurting people.

Yeah, I think Plaxico's sentence was overkill so the politician's could thump their chests about being tough on crime. A large fine and a month or two in jail would've made a big impression on him to the point that he wouldn't do anything that stupid again. Hell, if he was worried about security he could've hired a bodyguard for less than this is costing him.

• Like 1

Stallworth tested at 1.2 (.4 over the legal limit) -- it's not like he was plastered. The victim literally walked right out in front of the vehicle. A tragedy for sure, but even stone cold sober he would have hit the guy anyway.

Plaxico is an idiot. Stupid is as stupid does.

New York City has a law that anyone caught carring a loaded unregistered handgun in the city serves 3 1/2 years in jail. Its made NYC safer and has been a law right or wrong perhaps in your opinion, but was not done specifically for Plaxico, he was just stupid enough to actually carryone into the city.

post-16829-13819498806314_thumb.gif

New York City has a law that anyone caught carring a loaded unregistered handgun in the city serves 3 1/2 years in jail. Its made NYC safer and has been a law right or wrong perhaps in your opinion, but was not done specifically for Plaxico, he was just stupid enough to actually carryone into the city.

He carried one into a crowded nightclub , unsecured in his sweatpants . Should have gotten the full sentance .

He carried one into a crowded nightclub , unsecured in his sweatpants . Should have gotten the full sentance .

He would have had to gone to trail and been found guilty, which he would have found, given what happen it would be hard for any attotrney to refute the evidense. So that is why he took a plea as opposed to take the manditory sentence. It looks like he will serve 20 months assuming good behavior.

And at the other extreme from NYC, we have Arizona. How do people at a political speech by the President feel, when there's an "average citizen", not a law enforcement officer, with an assault rifle and a pistol standing beside them? Where would you rather live?

post-23736-13819498810034_thumb.jpg