9-11-09

Me Loves Khorns

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am not trying to start some political thread here. Not the point. But I personally just feel sad that, to me, it just barely gets mentioned at this point. By the media, people, whatever. Not sure why that is. Not that we as a country should be in a constant state of mourning for ever and ever... But that was a significant event. To us. All of us. Left Right Middle Christian Jew Muslim Straight Gay Klipsch Bose whatever. And at this point in time it seems to be merely a footnote to just another day. And maybe I am the one who is wrong, who knows. Maybe it just needs to be briefly mentioned and the day gone about in any other fashion.

I guess I really got to thinking about it because I have 3 pregnant woman that I am having to induce for various fairly serious reasons today. They can't wait till next week to have their babies. So, these 3 new little people will have this birthday. Made me scratch my head. Asked my patients if that was ok with them. They said they had thought about that but that we needed to do what was best for the babies...

Anyways, may God bring comfort to those still really hurting after these 8 years....

I hope that's a day we all will never forget.I was working on a new construction before I knew I had to have a cell phone.My wife showed up to tell me,I really thought she was mistaken until I turned on the radio.My heart sank as I thought maybe 10's of thousands could have been killed.People holding hands and jumping to their deaths to escape being burned alive.

I don't think 9/11 has been forgotten but the evil that spawned it has been,at least by much of the world.

God bless those families and friends,God bless America.

And I am not trying to start some political thread here. Not the point. But I personally just feel sad that, to me, it just barely gets mentioned at this point. By the media, people, whatever...

I guess we travel in different circles because today is definitely a day that is remembered (on a regular basis) with the people that I associate and unfortunately politics and religion do matter if we are to learn anything from that tragic event and the repercussions of our response.

Today was a rainy dreary day almost suitable and in stark contrast to the great blue cloudless sky of september 11th, 2001. The cool dry canadian air making its mass over us with the sun shining over us but the heat barely touching out skin.

I think it is time to stop forcing the imagines in our faces, our generation will not forget.

Films of the planes hitting the building and people jumping to their deaths should be shown on TV every day. I would love to have an up close and personal - face to face conversation with one of the people who say that we deserved it. One of us would not walk away. I will never forget. Forget the kissy make nice attitude on this subject- all bets are off.

i remember waking up and turning on the tv watching the morning news. Lying in bed and seeing what was going on. I was on active duty back then, and our work hours sure changed. I had a 12 on - 12 off schedule, and i got off very easy with that schedule. Our Commanding Officer addressed the unit one day and said "this is the new norm."
The problem is "HOW" it is remembered. For most of us, we grieve this tragedy--the loss of lives and the unwelcomed changed in many other lives. On my drive to work this morning, I said a prayer for all the surviving family members who lost loved ones. initially added security at airports was welcomed--now people gripe because it takes an extra 15 minutes before they can sit their lazy butts down in an uncomfortable airport chair and wait for their plane. Convenience trumps security once again. Sadly, there are some that have found a way to profit from this. There have been many scams, some so-called leaders exploiting it for political gain, some celebrities trying to be in vogue and claim our own government carried it out. Those people piss me off, some in this country even saying the victims weren't innocent. it makes me sick to think of some grieving widow having to turn on the tv and hear some @#$%! say that her husband was part of the problem because of who he worked for, etc...
i met an old man in front of a bookstore one day. he had a small table set up and was selling his own book. he introduced himself as i approached the store, then rolled up his sleeve and showed me some numbers tattoed on his arm. he was at Auschwitz (and several other camps) and the Nazis had killed his entire family (except an older sister that had fled poland years before the war). Of course, I had to buy to book and it was incredible. (called Because of Romek). Anyway, he spends his life now giving presentations to any group that will listen and he says he does it "so nobody will forget what happened, because something like this cannot be allowed to happen again."
i'm very glad to see this forum "remember" for the right reasons. This was a horrific tragedy and my heart aches because of it.

Yeah, I think both sides have been guilty of politicizing this thing. Do not want to get into that. Just personally have weird emotions about it. Was such a terribly sad day. Amazingly so.

And today just seems like such another day.

And I still have 3 ladies in labor. Their little birthdays will be rather memorable as far as the dates go. Life comes and it goes I suppose.

Paul

I guess we travel in different circles because today is definitely a day that is remembered (on a regular basis) with the people that I associate and unfortunately politics and religion do matter if we are to learn anything from that tragic event and the repercussions of our response.

I don't personally have a problem with discussing my views on the subject but don't feel this thread or Forum are the appropriate place. I am also not going to begrudge any American their view, but suffice it to say September 11, 2001 was a tragic day for the World and we shouldn't let blind emotion get in the way of the lessons learned.

Films of the planes hitting the building and people jumping to their deaths should be shown on TV every day. I would love to have an up close and personal - face to face conversation with one of the people who say that we deserved it. One of us would not walk away. I will never forget. Forget the kissy make nice attitude on this subject- all bets are off.

Well put.

I work in Manhatten and was there on that day when almost 3,000 people were murdered.

It's hard to put it aside or make nice if your spouse, parent or child were killed on that most horrific day.

Yeah, I think both sides have been guilty of politicizing this thing. Do not want to get into that. Just personally have weird emotions about it. Was such a terribly sad day. Amazingly so.

And today just seems like such another day.

And I still have 3 ladies in labor. Their little birthdays will be rather memorable as far as the dates go. Life comes and it goes I suppose.

Paul

Me loves Khorns,

The unfortunate reality, but at the same time, better for the children you are bringing out today, is that look how much the emphasis has wained already.

By the time those children and their peers are old enough to comprehend the signifigance, the significance will practically be non existant..

Look for example that over 90% of those who attend the memorial of the USS Arizona are now Japanese, and most would say that I am out of place for even taking notice of such an event, yet it is terribly unfair to the memories of those that lived it, and those who died there.

I think the most significant point I wish to make is that I really don't think these childrens birth date will impact their little lives at all.

Roger

• Moderators

I just sometimes feel like we are already getting quickly to the point where the significance is practically non existant. By the time these little ones are big... Yeah, it will be a historical footnote.

" look how much the emphasis has wained already. "

People forget very fast how they were feeling that day, it's what this country's enemy's depend on.

..Look for example that over 90% of those who attend the memorial of the USS Arizona are now Japanese, and most would say that I am out of place for even taking notice of such an event, yet it is terribly unfair to the memories of those that lived it, and those who died there.

I think the most significant point I wish to make is that I really don't think these childrens birth date will impact their little lives at all.

Roger

Did mean to imply that some American said that you were out of place when you were showing your respects at the USS Arizona?[^o)]

Insofar as the Japanese are concerned, I understand completely why they would show up, but would be surprised if your are correct in your percentage. Where did you get that number from?