Michael Colter (colterphoto) is over half-way to his first century!

pmsummer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock On Bruce--that must have been from your days of jamming with Gary Richrath, huh?

Marvel, would you be the Bruce that taught Gary how to play guitar?

It sure wasn't me! I always felt like I only palyed at 1/8 speed compared to Gary, if even that fast...

He was in a local band around '70, which practiced at a house I was renting. I have lost a photo of the band, unfortunately, and don't remember the names of the three other members.

This was from a concert at Bradley U. in Peoria, about the same time. I wish I had the Tele...

post-7149-13819512766512_thumb.jpg

Bruce--do you have any contact with Gary anymore? I think REO Speedwagon went downhill after he left. Gary had that classic rock-n-roll sound to his songs before Kevin Cronin took them to the "Top 40" style. I know Gary did have an album with his own band called Richrath--I wonder if he's still actively playing or retired? 70's REO is still one of my favorites to listen to--basic, solid drums with some great guitar licks!

Do you still have the Zap comics??

Alas, I do not. Not sure they would even seem funny to me anymore, either. [;)] I just looked them up online... and while I had # 1 and # 2, there was a # 0, which was sold in San Francisco. Mine still may have been an early printing, as I got them in Chicago from deviant sources... I think in '68. I don't remember some of the events very clearly for some reason. [:#]

Josh - nice hair!

First printing #1 #2 zap is worth a bundle up to $15K. There were solely the work of Crumb!!!! Crumb is great. He just did a comic version of Genesis not the band but the king james book. It is suppsed to be great. A friend of mine got to meet him last month.