Please explain

NOSValves

"If properly connected in the manner as was mentioned before, you shouldn't have had a problem."

You mean connected them in reserve? Right amp to "L" input and left amp to "R" input? That I did after 5 minutes...it is still reversed no matter what you think. Why can't you guys get it through your head?

"What are you going to do about your friend's broken pre-amp? Did you offer to have the broken input jack repaired?"

I fixed it for him. I removed the broken jack and soldered in a new jack.

Uh...Marvel, the labels were specificly marked "R" and "L" (in blue and orange respectively) not "Red" and "White" and there are no color on the RCA connectors themselves.

Neo, I understand that. I had a BBX for a while, which wasn't as colorful as the original BB, but also didn't have the RED and WHITE colored jacks, only the L and R labels. I was referring to older gear that often had colors for the plastic in the jacks.

Craig, the "wires" are in the layout of the circuits on the PCB board. The traces between the RCA connectors are the same things as "wires'. You need to take PCB layout 101. Again, I think you're pretty "clueless" in the subject matter.

How a circuit board can be "wired" back wards when it has no "wires".... the Klipsch forum never ceases to amaze me. How can a group of really classy people attract so many nut cases....

Unless the right and left channel gain pots are pcb mounted, it could be very easy to mis-wire them. I'd bet the fault doesn't lie with the pcb layout/design.

I have ran across several components that have 'confused' me. jeese, the DBX 400x had enough marking on it to guide a moron and I still mis-wired it more times then I want to admit. I just use the GAL51 method of red, right, returning (since I am a squid), use the aviation method of sitting in the cockpit looking forward (that engine way out there to your left is number 1 and count to the right) to connect the speakers and if that don't work, swap the friggin wires.

Two things here: 1) This thread reminds me of an argument with the wife, 2) someone mis-spelling words should not throw stones at someone mis-spelling words.

Find my capitalization and grammatical errors, print them out, mark them in red, personally deliver them and we'll have an adult beverage over the discussion.

I have ran across several components that have 'confused' me. jeese, the DBX 400x had enough marking on it to guide a moron and I still mis-wired it more times then I want to admit.

Find my capitalization and grammatical errors, print them out, mark them in red, personally deliver them and we'll have an adult beverage over the discussion.

Your place or mine?

[;)]

Find my capitalization and grammatical errors, print them out, mark them in red,

In the spirit of the thread, only the right ones are red, the others are left.

Neo, for the 2 cents it's worth, I've followed your logic from the first. I even went to my Peach to see if it did what you describe here (it doesn't)

I've got a righty tighty Peach [:D]

Lets not compare "Blueberries" and "Peaches" [:D]

Find my capitalization and grammatical errors, print them out, mark them in red,

In the spirit of the thread, only the right ones are red, the others are left.

Neo, for the 2 cents it's worth, I've followed your logic from the first. I even went to my Peach to see if it did what you describe here (it doesn't)

I've got a righty tighty Peach Big Smile

Lets not compare "Blueberries" and "Peaches" Big Smile

Did you have the chassis out of the wood case when you repaired the jack? This could be answered by Mark or anyone willing to open up their original BB. The question is, how are the controls wired up on the front? Are they mounted directly to the pcb, or are there wires running from the board to the controls? If the latter, they could be wired wrong.

A comparison to any other model won't help.

Bruce

This may seem like a dumb question, then again this is the perfect thread to post it in. Were the RCA's to the amp and speakers wires checked? I know I would never wire anything backwards but it is a common mistake, and would also cause the problem described.

"No honey, the light is supposed to go off when the switch is up....I designed it that way"

Did you have the chassis out of the wood case when you repaired the jack? This could be answered by Mark or anyone willing to open up their original BB. The question is, how are the controls wired up on the front? Are they mounted directly to the pcb, or are there wires running from the board to the controls? If the latter, they could be wired wrong.

Bruce

Hey Bruce -- that was thing I was alluding to earlier. However, I talked to Craig yesterday, and he says the controls are mounted to the PCB (which is the point he was making when he started this thread). This rules out a wiring error.

Bruce

Hey Bruce -- that was thing I was alluding to earlier. However, I talked to Craig yesterday, and he says the controls are mounted to the PCB (which is the point he was making when he started this thread). This rules out a wiring error.

This would indicate that Neo has a PEBBAC.

-Josh

Hey Bruce -- that was thing I was alluding to earlier. However, I talked to Craig yesterday, and he says the controls are mounted to the PCB (which is the point he was making when he started this thread). This rules out a wiring error

That's what I thought, too.I found a pic of the insides of one, taken by a forum member when they were selling, and it looked like they were pcb mounted.

Bruce

I STAND by my finding. But I am not here to beat the subject to death.

Dislikes:

1) The wooden case.

2) The way it is mounted to the wooden case.

3) Tape over the screws that held it to the wooden case (not professional).

4) The RCA Jacks soldered directly to the board.

5) The 45s delay (or any amount thereof).

6) Phono ground connection (a threaded post with a hole in the middle and a lock nut on the end). The ground terminal on my turntable did not fit the post and I had to insert it into the hole in the post.

7) Slight static and hum in standby.

8) Right gain controls left channel, left gain controls right channel.

1) "Fruit-of-the-loom" coloring.

2) Two phonos inputs (most Preamps have only one).

3) The sound!

Final Thought: One fine preamp. What we are going after is ultimately the sound and IMO, the Blueberry did excellent.

Thanks for the review

I was thinking of picking one of these up as I'm a fan of Mark's work

All I care about is the musical results, the L/R issue (assuming it exists and isnt just your unit) is but a minor inconvenience IMO.

I just keep plugging and poking into holes until until satisfaction is achieved! [;)]

Regards

WopOnTour

I have two Xberries, no issues ever noticed except need for tube improvement in one to quiet a bit the phono section, certainly nothing illogical in L/R set up.

What else could you have got at the time that sounds this good for that ballpark $ ? If one is so impatient with standby \warm up/ delay etc., you shouldn't bother with tubes in the first place, imo.

Need for a little conscious care in treating jacks was a known precaution going in. A small tradeoff for bang on the buck.

-Z 'n O