How was your 2009 ?

tuned4life

Still holding out for a turn-around. 3 days left, y'know...

Knees and back feel like Hell. Been toying with upping my life insurance, and making my demise look "unintentional"...I don't think I'm really serious, I just want to be a good provider, which is hard right now, given my extremely physical job/skills (carpentry). I'd be way better off if I lost 80-100 lbs...

Note: Don't worry about ol' fini!!

aren't we a sad bunch--we'll a lucky bunch just to be able to post. i got divorced, got ran over by a truck while walking across the street, house foreclosed due to the divorce, credit ruined--again from divorce. but, i'm still alive. let's hope we all survive 2010 and can answer this question again next december.

steve

The last of three kids graduated in May, and has a nice girlfriend. I have a third grandchild on the way, who will arrive around the end of Feb.

I still have a job, and they managed to slip in a small raise this Fall.

The house is paid for, which is nice.

I'm engaged, and working on all the paperwork to get my fiancee into the U.S.

I would say life is going ok at the moment. It could always be better, could always be worse. I am just trying to accept whatever God sends my way with joy.

Bruce

Tough year business wise. In fact, very stressful. But life has been good this year. I finally figured out how to manage my injured back and I had very few issues with it this year for a change. Mine and my wife's health is good, we've got a nice home, we've kept busy all year and managed to pay the bills. No major bads.

Greg

Let's see. My daughter graduated from college. My son is gamefully employed at a job with good benefits. My youngest daughter constantly surprises us with straight A's on her report cards (something I never managed). My wife and I both made more this year than any other year previously. From a personal prospective, '09s been's great. The country as a whole has not fared so well and I feel that I'm in the minority here. I count my blessings daily and realize that at any minute, things could head south fast.

SO much life and activity was crammed into 2009 for me ..Overall, it was a fantastic year with huge leaps of personal growth. Highlights include: 1yr anniversary with my lovely, a trip to puerto rico, acquiring our little english bully Benson, and whisking Carl's RF-5's away before he had time to realize that he doesn't like his Heresies nearly as much.

high point - finding a Yamaha RX-Z1 for $200 at a pawn shop

low point - a couple months later - blowing the Yamaha RX-Z1 while playing a dts audio version of "The Captain and Me"

by the Doobie Brothers - complete with a thunderous ripping sound, a flash of orange/blue light and no kidding - a small

mushroom shaped cloud of smoke that hung over the receiver and stunk up the place.

Slainte - Hamish

High points?

• Daughter graduated from high school after 2 years off and on with mononucleosis.
  • Daughter decided to move to Orlando and do things "on my own" and "without Mom and Dad interfering in my personal life....". My thoughts! Great!!! Go now where no-one before you has ventured to tread!!! Heh, heh!!!
  • Found the leak in the pool (after being told by the pool type people that I needed a complete new $5k in-ground pool plumbing system)
  • Finally found a suitable unsuspecting candidate replacement to train, as on New Year's Eve I will have exactly 365 days left to go to retire!!!

Low points....

• My wife's father passed away. Was the last of our collective parents. Sad. I sympathize with Amy and all others for whom a parent passed this year.
  • The wolf (Akila) passed away. Kids and wife went through the usual distress and mopery. We did get a replacement, Festus, who has fortunately taken their mind off Akila. He was 14 years old, born with hip displasia (as in no hip bones...) but got around pretty good all things being equal. All the animals were "bummed out". You could sense it. All of the animals (horses, dogs, cats and the donkey) all get along well together and you can tell when the "order of things" is not right with them.
  • My wife and I both received pay cuts just to keep our jobs. County fired, let go, etc. 28 people, and in a county with only about 35,000 that's a lot of folks who had a bad Christmas.
  • Due to Florida law, I cannot work for any employer who uses the State retirement system for at least 18 months (including "contractor"), so plans to do anything for which I am qualified when I retire are now moot points. My carpentry and woodworking skills are getting good, but not enough to be able to make up the difference in the paycheck.... Maybe I'll rob banks or something.... (JUST KIDDING!!!!!)