How bout a Jubilee top?

spamhead wrote:

"I made some opinions of mine public about the way I perceived what Paul Klipsch had said to me and people think I have slammed and disrespected him-not the case I have made my respect for the man well known."

I never took anything you said as disrespecting spamhead and I really havn't sensed that in others who have posted to you, but maybe I'm wrong. I do think you are very angry and that could be why you might read that into some of the post.

"forum hovering junkyard dogs that attack my statements on testing"

spamhead again I believe you should calm down. This attitude is just as bad as anything you think others are doing to you.

Also keep in mind just because people post their opinions about testing doesn't mean it's an attack nor as you have posted several times that they only believe in test. As a matter of fact I'm not sure anyone here who are advocating test believe that they outweigh the listening experience(I know I don't) but I believe instead that Test when properly done are a validation, confirmation and suppliments the listening test and are an important part of reaching or improving an accurate loudspeaker.

It's just logical to perform proper subjective and objective test..!

Most of these forum hovering junkyard dogs that attack my statements on testing (and I will test and make public those findings to this forum) and show their ignorance when they just don't understand that it comes down to the fact that they are a objectivist (dogs you can go to the dictionary) and I am a subjectivist plain and simple! While I believe in testing and it's validation I do not let it tell me if I like what I hear or not I let my ears do that, that is why I listen with tube amps, the specs are crappy, but I still like what I hear! I don't discount what the objectivist tells me I just have the capacity to not allow it to make my decisions for me and tell me if I like something,

So dogs need a dictionary...? Again I'm not reading any post directly to you that call for this kind of response and I would suggest you reread these post when you are calmer.

I really think your a good person who genuinely doesn't mean harm to anyone..!

"In the end I will say it is RARE and the dogs need to remember as their fur brissles up their backs "

"As for me I am far to busy to spend the time on this forum argueing with all the forum dogs, and in retrospect it makes me unhappy and grumpy like them, and that in it self bothers me the most because I am known in my arena as a very happy and continted man!"

" what really sticks out is that Paul Klipsch wasn't intimidated by him, he even sold him the drivers to do it with back in the sixties, when Swinhall or maybe it was Swinwall sent him another letter telling Paul that he planned on making an updated la scalla Mr. Klipsch not only sold him more drivers but told him to send him some pics of his work, now if you check out what is said on the net and the historians can correct me if I and my computer is reading incorrectly it is not sure or stated by this Swinhall guy if it change any thinking but just the next year the Belle klipsch came out, and strangely enough if looked just like his design and the pics he sent to Paul, you make your own decisions, it really doesn't matter to me what I am saying is how will a few sets of speakers affect Klipsch if this guy with his showroom and production facilities down in I believe Big Springs, Tx haven't affected them or put them and the Heritage line out of business how possibly could I?"

So lets see....Shinall tells PWK what he wants to do and PWK appears to support this...?

Even though I have no way of knowing what the actual facts are never the less if it is so you have to admit one thing the man asked and was given basically an OK..... so Who here making and selling copies have offered this courtesy to Klipsch..?

"I have solicited no sales or prospects on this site! "

I agree and respect you for that spamhead.

I want to leave with these few thoughts:

It's OK if I take this they will never miss it..!

It's just $10 dollars what's the harm if I take this..I mean it's not like it's $1000....!

Everybody does it so what if I do...!

They are just a big company so it want do any harm...!

By the way if you had asked me if I could afford the Jubilees a month before I bought them I would have probably said no..! But when I heard them and realised how much joy this hobby gives me I thought to myself I can just reprioritze some things and sell some things and make this happen.

If a person can come up with $2300 or whatever for a clone then what's the chances if patience and determined that they can wait and save up for a year or two or work a little extra or (whatever other ways people make extra money) and buy the real thing.

spamhead you can think what you want about me but I want you to know that I have what I consider to be some very good friends at Klipsch and I believe they are just as concerned about their jobs as many people are in this country and maybe you believe you are doing no harm but do you really know? Maybe you selling copies wouldn't do much damage but how many does it take by you and others to do damage?

I realy think your a descent person otherwise I don't think you would be getting this upset about this...but I do disagree with your reasoning and leave it at that.

I hope someday maybe you will see that I'm not the forum dog that you perceive me and some others to be if we disagree with you and have a different way of seeing this..!

mike tn

Welllllll when Paul Klipsch made the Khorns,,, His testing was very primitive,, Thiele Small measurements where not around,,, Complience was done with a string,,He called the Pull Facter,,And so on,,,He made many crude measurement and modifications,, Some with an AX,,,I have his tech letters on how rough it was,, But customers by word of mouth knocked on his door,,and wanted him to keep building,, ssctrojan !! dont be discouraged,,,Do what you do best,,and do follow your ears,, Paul did,,

Maron,

That's not exactly correct. Mr. Paul once said
one of his first purchases was a calibrated microphone. I also have a
picture of Mr.Paul in a lab full of test gear, as a relatively young man.

• Moderators

Chihuahua

Maryville about 1.5 hours from you. You've probably been by my place when you've road the Dragon.

And I use to like you, now that I know where you live I am really jealous ! We have been through there many times, it's one of the prettiest parts of the country I have seen, and yes we have been on the Dragon but avoid it when we can after that first trip.

And I use to like you, now that I know where you live I am really jealous ! We have been through there many times, it's one of the prettiest parts of the country I have seen, and yes we have been on the Dragon but avoid it when we can after that first trip.

You might think it's one of the "prettiest", but please provide your methods and results for testing this claim. [:P]

...history has been proven to be a liar many times, my question is are you quoting from a biography that some one other than Paul Klipsch wrote? I am quoting from statements made by the man himself to a couple of college boys who were amazed at the speakers he had designed, maybe he was trying to instill hope and drive in my generation when asked how he did it his response was "alot of hard work making speakers that were crude things in the beginning,make one and then change it a little, we didn't have much way of testing back then, but when people smiled and elbowed each other in the ribs we knew we were going the right way", if you talked with the man and he told you different then I will assume he was trying to give me anitiative, if however you are repeating what has been repeated before... then I choose to believe what the man said, I am sure of a few things and that Paul Klipsch was no liar, so I will choose to believe what he said, you read into it what you will.

Dude! If you only knew! Listen more! Don't pontificate. [:D]

You might think it's one of the "prettiest", but please provide your methods and results for testing this claim. Stick out tongue

Well I can guarantee he didn't get this opinion by just listening..[:P]