The Girlfriend or Klipsch?

neo33

How about both? Today my girlfriend gave me an early birthday present. A pair of Klipsch Heresy I in very nice condition. She got this from a local neighborhood garage sale. She was having her usual late morning walk. As she walked by the small single story house, she saw something resembled some speakers. She decided to take a closer look. After carefully inspected the pair of speakers, she asked the old lady how did she come into possession of them and how much she wanted for them. The old lady replied that her husband just past away not long ago and she is getting rid of his junk. She said she had no use for those speakers as they are heavy and taken up space in her bedroom. She wanted $25 for them and was glad to get rid of them. My girfriend just smiled at her, paid the $25 and told the lady to hold them for her so she can come back and pick them up. This must be a great new year to start out for me. Could this be the deal of the decade? I now have three pairs of Heresy I. Here are some pictures.

post-13167-13819526315668_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Better flee while you can.... she's now going to expect you to get her a boob job.... then again.... maybe the Heresy's are worth the trade.... Angel

Coytee,

My buddy was the first guy to ever claim a boob job as marital assets. His wife was going after his vettes and harleys as he already payed his house off before he met her. The Judge determined he was right and awarded him $2,500 of the $5,000 they cost to offset some of the stuff she was going after.

He has had attourneys come up and shake his hand for setting precident.

Boob Jobs, the job that pays you back!

Roger

I got a perfect 6.1 all Heresies (exclusively) Home Theatre system. My 2-Channel is powered by the La Scalas. [:)]

Three pair.....add a sub and it sounds like a really nice 6.1 HT and if set up right still a nice 2 CH. Wink

Neo, reading your sig line just now. I have not heard the difference, if any, between generations of H but can you not switch some things around to get the front 3 from the same generation? Or is that not an issue with these?

My wife goes to a lot of garage/yard sales in the summer and I always tell her to keep her eyes out for big speakers and old-looking electronics. She hasn't come home with anything yet but stories like this always keep me optimistic!

Enjoy your new speakers!