Which bands make you hurl and why?

oldmako

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to all!!!!!!!, not Al, but All. After a really frustrating day at the office and the truck puking on the way home, and.................... I said to myself, self, you just need to get on the forum and find some light harted posts and get over the day. This was the ticket and I'm dedicating the rest of the evening to sufing XM for shi^ I can't stand, just so I can laugh some more.[D][D] Right now it's Pump Up The Volume By M/A/RR/S Puke on!!!!

Song: Into the Night by Nickleback and their heinous sore throated shade wearing shreiker Chad Kroeger.

I grew up listening to OLD ORIGINAL Santana.....ie...."Everything is coming our way" ....."No one to Depend On" etc. etc etc.... What a great band. What a gifted musician Carlos is. But, this is Carlos as his absolute worstest. If I were Elvis, and I had a gun, I'd shoot my computer....or TV if I was watching MTV which I never do.

If you are going in for a colonoscopy and need to evacuate your gut and / or bowels, fire this wretch inducing example up. IT REALLY SUCKS!

Warning- The surgeon general of the United States projectile vomited while listenin to this song. If his peristalsis couldn't overcome the overpowering putrefaction, chances are excellent that yours won't either. Sickness bags and or emergency relief containers are recommended.

This public service was brought to you by a semi-intoxicated loser while sitting on the balcony of his San Juan hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. There are several dead 12 ounce soldiers within his sphere of influence (as well as a fabulous Romeo y Juliete No. 3).

Captain and Tennille and Willis Alan Ramsey are two different ends of the deal so to speak. The LP that Willis's version is on is one of the best crafted Lps of all time. Sad that the Captain and his mate left bad taste for all!

J

Well it's really the "Muskrat Love" version that makes me want to hurl. Captain and Tennille's verion and the earlier version by America. Haven't heard the Willis Alan Ramsey version. Good to know the LP is good as knowing "Muskrat Candlelight" spawned "Muskrat Love" might pass on it should I ever come across a copy.

Its not as if its a great song on the Willis Alan Ramsey lp: it s not as awful as the captain and tennille. On the Lp which is filled with spectacular songs its kind of a novelty. Its amazing that Willis only made the one LP. Always rumors of another one coming out but hasnt happened yet!

Josh

Anything from the 80s.

Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx and a few others. I'm convinced they're all the same band. They just produced albums under different names to make more money.

AC/DC. Never understood what all the hoopla was about. Same with KISS.

Rolling Stones - most overrated band in history.

Glad to get that off my chest.

Anything from the 80s.

Anything??

• Tiddlywinks (Rounder/Red Rooster) 1980
  • Grooves in Orbit (Bearsville) 1983
  • Tapdancin' Bats (Rounder/Red Rooster)
  • She Sings, They Play (w/Skeeter
    Davis
    ) (Rounder/Red Rooster) 1985
  • Lou and the Q (w/"Captain"
    Lou Albano
    ) (Rounder/Red Rooster) 1986
  • RC Cola and a Moon Pie (Rounder/Red
    Rooster) 1986
  • Uncommon Denominators (Rounder-era compilation covering '72
    through '84) (Rounder) 1987
  • God Bless Us All (live album) (Rounder) 1987
  • Diggin’ Uncle Q (live album) (Rounder) 1988
  • Kick Me Hard- the Deluxe Edition (reissue, w/8 bonus tracks)
    (Rounder) 1989

Sure, the brilliant At Yankee Stadium and Kick Me Hard were from the 70s, but it was the late 70s....

Hey, lookit Big Al now!

large_625al_anderson.jpg

Anything from the 80s.

...REO Speedwagon, Styx and a few others. I'm convinced they're all the same band. They just produced albums under different names to make more money.

Gary Richrath played in a local band in Peoria, practicing at a house I rented. He went on to Champaign-Urbana and joined up to play with REO Speedwagon. He is an incredible guitarist, and when I knew him, he was a genuinely nice guy.While in high school, his groups got a lot of the good dance gigs.

My JBL 4311s were actually borrowed by my friends at a local studio where Styx was working on an album. The studio was using some larger EVs, and they wanted to use the JBLs for reference (Styx wasn't familiar with the EVs)

AC/DC. Never understood what all the hoopla was about. Same with KISS.

The thing that bums me out about KISS is that the music is mild. If you are going to dress that crazy you had better delivery crazy music. They are worse than mild salsa from new york city.

Charlie Watts is metronomically solid on drums and Richards and Wood throw in some great guitar licks. It's the same with the Doors. Morrison might turn people off but the band behind him lay down some incredibly tantalizing grooves. That's what makes both worth listening to.

Song: Into the Night by Nickleback and their heinous sore throated shade wearing shreiker Chad Kroeger.

I grew up listening to OLD ORIGINAL Santana.....ie...."Everything is coming our way" ....."No one to Depend On" etc. etc etc.... What a great band. What a gifted musician Carlos is. But, this is Carlos as his absolute worstest. If I were Elvis, and I had a gun, I'd shoot my computer....or TV if I was watching MTV which I never do.

If you are going in for a colonoscopy and need to evacuate your gut and / or bowels, fire this wretch inducing example up. IT REALLY SUCKS!

Warning- The surgeon general of the United States projectile vomited while listenin to this song. If his peristalsis couldn't overcome the overpowering putrefaction, chances are excellent that yours won't either. Sickness bags and or emergency relief containers are recommended.

This public service was brought to you by a semi-intoxicated loser while sitting on the balcony of his San Juan hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. There are several dead 12 ounce soldiers within his sphere of influence (as well as a fabulous Romeo y Juliete No. 3).

Hands down the funniest, most well-crafted post I have read on this forum since I became a member 6 months ago. Just hilarious.

Well done, sir.

The Stones- Sorry, just can't stand them.

Pink Floyd- Thank god this is a "no flame" thread, because I'm sure some of you are looking for something to throw at your computers. I just don't get it, the lightshows and everything?? I don't know, must be awesome if you're high as a kite, but I don't do anything harder than booze, so again, I don't get it.

All Country- save John Cash, tough area of the country to live in if you hate country music...might be part of the reason I do.

All Death Metal- Come on guys. Why so angry?

Now, I happen to love Dave Matthews, but I can totally understand why a lot of people hate him. He does have fantastic musicians around him. Timmy Reynolds is a pretty darn good guitar player.

Also, there are some really great newer bands out there, they are just really hard to find because they aren't played on the readio (thank god), and pop music sucks so badly right now. A band called Band of Horses comes to mind...great band, formed in Seattle but has a very southern-bluesy sound.

Jrod

hucka.....hucka......hucka......hurrrrrllllgghh

Amen. Stevie is one of the worse female singers of all time.

At least the noise Yoko made was on purpose! I do understand why people hate her but I don't she has done some interesting projects.

All Country- save John Cash, tough area of the country to live in if you hate country music...might be part of the reason I do.

Well I don't consider Cash strictly country he straddled genre's. Modern country is crap. Hank Sr is genius. Bob Will's is bad a$$. Willie is versitale. Lot's of good country. You gotta dig around for it though.

Dave Matthews is just boring not much to hate.

Just my opinion but I also like lots of stuff people hate : )

• Moderators

You can put me in the group that list these, to start

[+o(]

Barry Manilow

Babara Streisand

Bruce Springsteen..... close to the next guy, but did sneak in one or two good songs

Bob Dilan....he really really can not sing

Celine Dion

Kenny G

Any rap, I might listen to some if they did not rap !

Any boy band

Justin Temberturd

I tried to like Dave Mathews but eventually his political whining got to me, also everything started to sound the same ?

Kiss

Almost anything on MTV

Well you get the idea......there are more