Was I insulted or complemented ?

dtel

• Moderators

I was searching on the computer for a filter for the tractor and listening to the satellite radio station " classic vinyl" and in walks one of our kids friends. He is 25-30 I guess and he ask me " well who's the Hippie around here ", I thought I heard wrong and asked what he had said, and I did hear correct the first time, so I answered I guess us ? [:|]

He said since your listening to that kind of music, I thought that was hippie music ! [:o] I didn't know what to say I have never been called a hippie, then he ask if I went to Woodstock [:o], I guess everyone my age that listens to hippie music had to be at Woodstock ! [:P] He then tells me his dad is also a hippie because he also listens to the same music.

I had no idea. What gave it away, the flowers and peace signs all over our VW van, the clothes and the joint or just the classic rock ?

So I guess I am a classic rock listening hippie ? could be worse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently everything from the late 60's was "hippie."

But I guess you can't really expect todays young adults to be able to differentiate between The Who, The Greatful Dead and Arlo Guthrie. It's all hippie music. [8-)]

(yes, I know The Who played at Woodstock. So did Sha-Na-Na.)

I was searching on the computer for a filter for the tractor and listening to the satellite radio station " classic vinyl" and in walks one of our kids friends. He is 25-30 I guess and he ask me " well who's the Hippie around here ", I thought I heard wrong and asked what he had said, and I did hear correct the first time, so I answered I guess us ? Indifferent

He said since your listening to that kind of music, I thought that was hippie music ! Surprise I didn't know what to say I have never been called a hippie, then he ask if I went to Woodstock Surprise, I guess everyone my age that listens to hippie music had to be at Woodstock ! Stick out tongue He then tells me his dad is also a hippie because he also listens to the same music.

I had no idea. What gave it away, the flowers and peace signs all over our VW van, the clothes and the joint or just the classic rock ?

So I guess I am a classic rock listening hippie ? could be worse

DTEL,

I would have said: Son, while I am temporarily intriqued by the intelectual wasteland that you maintane between your stapes, I wish for you to take note of the fact that more people of your generation listen to the music of my generation, then those of my generation listen to the inadequate offerings of your generation, or any future generations will listen to what has been produced so far by your generation. Futhermore, the baby boomers are responsible for many of the inovations that you think yourself so up to date to own or understand how to use, and what great feat of intelectual endeavor was it again that you stated you personaly endowed mankind again with?

Roger

• Moderators

wish for you to take note of the fact that more people of your generation listen to the music of my generation, then those of my generation listen to the inadequate offerings of your generation, or any future generations will listen to what has been produced so far by your generation.

I have got to remember that ! [Y]

wish for you to take note of the fact that more people of your generation listen to the music of my generation, then those of my generation listen to the inadequate offerings of your generation, or any future generations will listen to what has been produced so far by your generation.

I have got to remember that ! Yes

Same here! That was awesome! [H]