Happy Birthday (I think) Thebes

sputnik

August 8 used to be my birthday up until I was 12 years old - my mom actually mixed up the real date and didn't discover the mistake until I needed to present a copy of my birth certificate so I could pitch in Little League. Even though it's not my birthday anymore, August 8 has still been sort of a special day for me and I seem to recall that Thebes once mentioned in a thread that 8-8 was his birthday. I hope I'm right.

Even if it's not his birthday, I think a show of appreciation and thanks for all he brings to this forum is not out of place. Whenever I see a Thebes post, I gotta read it and then I wish I'd written it. No one makes me laugh harder or choke more coffee onto the keyboard than Thebes. Even at his presumably advanced age, he is maintaining his stride and can write excellent razor-sharp manic material. He has the gift. His tales of intrigue, adventure, and his exploits with the twins keep me checking in here to catch a glimpse of his world.

So, Happy Thebes Day!

• Moderators

Well happy (for your first 12 years) Birthday Sputnik, thanks for doing this.

If it is your birthday Thebes happy Birthday [^], if not that's fine also, like Sputnik said you deserve a Thank You thread anyway !

Yes I also like to read your stories also but I have to admit I usually just end up sitting there and do not know what to post, [:S] but they are fun to read.

You need to write a book !

Happy Birthday or Thebes day whatever it happens to be. [H]

Thebes is dancing with the Twins right now. [:P] The Astronaut A-Go-Go Party is still going strong! [<:o)]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEBES!!!! [^] [G]

Happy Post/Former Birthday to you Sputnik and thanks for bring this up.

Dennie

Ok, Spuds I think can finally reveal why your birthday and mine had to diverge. It all started with a mix up in the hospital creche. My Mom tells me that I was such a beautiful child, that all the other mom's had neglected feeding their newborns and simply stood around all day gazing at me with possessive gleams in their eyes. Despite additional security staff provided by the hospital, the inevitable occurred and I was soon spirited out fo the hospital by a woman, who in later years would become know as the infamous Burlesque Queen, Belle Star.The rest of the moms were bereft and forlorn but resolved to retain that magic moment by celebrating their own childrens birthdays on August 8.

Eventually, my own mom, who was not as impressed with me as the other moms, did head down to Baltimore's tenderloin by bus to retrieve me from, you guessed it, Ma Belle.

But I digress, it's a new year in my life, and what better way to start it then by trying to turn an overhead fan into a kickin turntable.

Here's the fan.

post-14801-13819600972362_thumb.jpg

post-14801-13819619525532_thumb.jpg

I don't know about this guy "THEBES" ? I got back into audio a little over 4 months ago after 15 yrs away, with a pair of cornwalls. I solicited advice, a good idea. Some said sit back enjoy and just listen. Not this THEBES! He told me my front end stuff was JUNK and beg barrow or steal new stuff! Since then...... Oppo cd player

Nad cd player

Harmon Kardon cd player

Technics sa-700

Pioneer sx-980

scott alpha 1 and 6 Cornwall 1.5's, Altec model 19's, Refurbished Altec 604 8-g's.......... THANKS THEBES!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...OK.....I'll play along with Marty aka"Thebes" but he ain't fooling me with his pretend birthdays cause I have it from a good source that those "so called Tube Amps" he pretends to build are really Time Machines so how can a man who travels back in time ever really get old..???? [;)]

mike tn

Ok, Spuds I think can finally reveal why your birthday and mine had to diverge. It all started with a mix up in the hospital creche. My Mom tells me that I was such a beautiful child, that all the other mom's had neglected feeding their newborns and simply stood around all day gazing at me with possessive gleams in their eyes. Despite additional security staff provided by the hospital, the inevitable occurred and I was soon spirited out fo the hospital by a woman, who in later years would become know as the infamous Burlesque Queen, Belle Star.The rest of the moms were bereft and forlorn but resolved to retain that magic moment by celebrating their own childrens birthdays on August 8.

Eventually, my own mom, who was not as impressed with me as the other moms, did head down to Baltimore's tenderloin by bus to retrieve me from, you guessed it, Ma Belle.

But I digress, it's a new year in my life, and what better way to start it then by trying to turn an overhead fan into a kickin turntable.

Here's the fan.

Classic! This was my giggle (more like a loud outburst) of the day..... [:D]

Here's the fan.

fantt1.jpg

I'm not sure, but that looks like "STATIC" waiting to happen! [li] [^o)]

Dennie

Oh...OK.....I'll play along with Marty aka"Thebes" but he ain't fooling me with his pretend birthdays cause I have it from a good source that those "so called Tube Amps" he pretends to build are really Time Machines so how can a man who travels back in time ever really get old..???? Wink

mike tn

Busted. But I think I went back a little too far in time. Seems I've lost all my hair and I drool a lot.

Hey Denni, oh you of little faith. This could be the penultimate turntable. I'e got ideas for isolation,dedicated power supply and a platter that's never been seen before. May take awhile but I suspect you will be amazed.

Busted. But I think I went back a little too far in time. Seems I've lost all my hair and I drool a lot.

I suggest to cover your mistake just............Just tell everyone the hair loss is an overabundance of testosterone and the drooling is because of the Twins[*-)]...Yea that's the ticket..!!!