Klipsch Needs to make Car Speakers

Vital

I just spent a lot of money on Focals for my Dodge. I was checking out the tweeters in these and they are partially horn loaded. That got me thinking, why isnt Klipsch tapping this market? I'd bet most of the people on these forums would put their speakers in their car if they were available. If they can make computer speakers they can easily make car speakers. I want the sound of 2-4 Chorus ll's in my truck, make it happen Klipsch! [H]

If you want horn loaded car audio, look no further than Image Dynamic's HLCD line:

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products.php?Family_Id=5

I have not heard their horns in several years but the last time I did the sound was very nice vs. the Focals and MB Quart

that I compaired the ID horns with.

The real trick with the HLCD is the quality of the install and the car to accommodate the components.

I personally like their "Do one thing and do it well" approach.

I disagree with your implication. This isn't suggesting they make receivers, displays or toasters. The "one thing" they do well is make speakers, which they make for a variety of applications: home theater, commercial theater, outdoors, headphones, ipods, etc. Why not apply their masterful talents to vehicles?

• Moderators

At one time Klipsch did make a car audio system.

PWK did install a car system for a friend of his..........once.........it helps to have friends in the right places! [H]

A car system designed by PWK and installed and tested by him............priceless.

If ever there was a market that is so super saturated with testosterone and youth and packed with brands just trying to offer the coolest looking stuff it would be car audio. I don't believe that Klipsch would do well trying to market their brand to the car audio community. I do think that they could do well owning a different brand that they push their speaker designs through, but wouldn't be sold under the Klipsch name. I do think that the car audio market is a saturated market, but that is just my opinion. The only way that I would see Klipsch getting involved is if they bought an exhisting brand that already had carved out a high quality car audio name for its self.

What a bunch of weeniebags.... I had a Klipsch auto system while in college.

I had an Oldsmobile 4-4-2 convertable. I schlepped my system around for frat parties, weddings, outdoor bbq's and the like. I discovered I could drop the top of the car and my two LaScalas would easily fit in the back seat side by side.

Closing the top was problematic yes, however it was intersting in the meantime.

• Moderators

What a bunch of weeniebags.... I had a Klipsch auto system while in college.

I had an Oldsmobile 4-4-2 convertable. I schlepped my system around for frat parties, weddings, outdoor bbq's and the like. I discovered I could drop the top of the car and my two LaScalas would easily fit in the back seat side by side.

Closing the top was problematic yes, however it was intersting in the meantime.

Tell um Coytee, that's what they make the small speakers for, Heresy's, LaScalas, and for vans cornwalls. [Y]