Favorite song to show off your system!?

IHOPsOPEN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever they brought.

+1!!!! You want to impress someone, have them bring over THEIR favorite music. My boss was over at the house the other night. He had his iPad with him, I just let him go at it for about an hour... ear to ear grins.

And, a lot of "I've listen to this song a hundred times and I've never heard THAT..."

He's trying to figure out a way to get some La Scalas in his house now.[;)]

What ever they brought.

+1!!!! You want to impress someone, have them bring over THEIR favorite music. My boss was over at the house the other night. He had his iPad with him, I just let him go at it for about an hour... ear to ear grins.

And, a lot of "I've listen to this song a hundred times and I've never heard THAT..."

He's trying to figure out a way to get some La Scalas in his house now.Wink

JROD,

How does the RC64 blend with the La Scalas?

I have an Academy, no room for another La Scala.

BE36,

After I got everything dialed in, it sounds pretty darn good.Took quite a bit out tweeking, but turned out alright!

I'm sure, like you, another LS is my end game. Just no room for it right now. My next home WILL have a dedicated room, and at that point I will go with 3 LS up front and 4 Heresy's around...and a projector, of course!

I like Papa was a Rolling Stone by The Temptations. It's well recorded and has that huge Motown sount. It's a complete test since it has a lot going on across all frequency ranges, it provides a mix from single singer to chorus, and it's a very dynamic track. It also has:

- a killer bass line that is tight and deep.

-horns, which really show off the ability of the system to make it sound like the instrument is in the room.

-cool funky wah-wah guitar, which is always fun

-great vocals with harmonies.

If there is a weakness in your system this will reveal it.

A Living Prayer - Alison Krauss. Her vocal performance on this stripped down track is stunning and well recorded. On a good system it will almost bring a tear to your eye.

For something that reaches out and grabs you, I like David Bowies Instrumental album ALL SAINTS. The track "Abdulmajid" has a bit of everything. Great dynamics and suprise doses of very low bass. Lots of other good tracks on the album. It was recorded pretty darn clean IMO. Forgot to mention that this track really shines when heard in 5+ channel stereo. But then again, I prefer listening to all my audio in multi channels.

For something a little lighter I like Mike Pattons spin off group Peeping Tom. The song "Caipirinha" featuring Bebel Gilberto is pretty nice.

Also on the Peeping Tom album is the song "Sucker" featuring Nora Jones, which is definately worth a listen and will let you know immediately that Nora has a darker side and just might be a naughty girl! She definately is in the song.

To show off the K-horns my favorite is Regina Spektor's CD "Soviet Kitsch." It is beautifully recorded and the speakers just disappear. The soundtrack to "Blade Runner" is quite good as well. For the La Scalas and the tuba sub I built for them the opening to the movie "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country" works well. When the Klingon moon explodes the whole house vibrates! [8-|]