Wanna hear something crazy

Jim Cornell

So I got a divorce, lost my home to foreclosure in Colo and moved to Utah. I brought my cornwalls with me I am staying with my sister until I get an apt, thing is I Thought I may be done with the cornwalls I think they are a bit big for an Apt. So I traded my laptop for a set of KG 5.5s, then 2 days later I found a set of Tangent 50s with the original boxes so now I have 3 sets of Klipsch to move to an Apt. Yep thats me still crazy, I dont see myself letting any of these go. My sis thinks my speakers thing is nothing but a waist of space and money, if she only knew.

I have a set of KG 5.5s and the Tangent 50s sitting on top of my cornwalls, I hope they dont collapse LOL.

Anyway if you were moving into a 1 bedroom apt and had these what would you decide? all or 1 set? I just need an idea as I am new to apts.

Regards Jim

i got divorced--lost my house too. moved into a one bedroom apartment. i have H1s, H2s, F3-C3-S3 and KSW-12, plus GMX on my computer. they all get along perfectly well with the two flat screen tvs, slot machine, traffic light, neon signs, Mac computer, Gretsch guitar, Yamaha guitar; and black leather couch. Oh yeah, I also own ONE Fork.

Still have my cornwalls my sister is trying to get me to sell them to get an apt, so I have all 3 sets Corns 5.5s and the tangent 50s. I do believe ill keep them all. I sold my KLF 20s to a friend before I left Colorado and YES I do miss those.

My corns will be ok for the time being with 128 pounds on them, I HOPE this is a small room. Anyway how has everyone been?

I vote with keep them or, if you do get rid of something, get rid of small first. I had my LaScalas and a pair of EV "D's" in my apartment(s) during college and some years after. Make great end tables, light stands... So I'll never agree with the logic that they're too big.

I also own ONE Fork

Guess that screws you on soup night?

[:D]

• Moderators

Yep thats me still crazy,

No way not you, ok your probably right, you are crazy. [:D]

But I would guess it probably helps sometimes, hope your doing OK. [Y]

Keep whatever makes you happy, what else really matters ? [;)]

I see nothing wrong with having a pair of Corrnwalls in a one bedroom apartment, it works for me. Just consider it "Near field listening". I have also had a pair of Chorus in a studio apartment, they sounded fantastic. If you need the cash the KG 5.5's might be the easiest to sell, the slamming bass might appeal to a wider group of perspective buyers. I hope things work out for you.

I agree. I like craigs list here in St. George there were 2 pair of Klipsch posted and I got them both, and pretty cheap at that. I hope I see K-horns for 5 bucks LOL. Not that ill know what to do with them, but yea id be on my way .

All in all I am keeping all my Klipsch. I am a Klipsch Hoarder and dam proud of it.

Well, obviously, you should sell those speakers so you have enough cash to buy a pair of La Scalas. I got a good deal on my second pair of Heresy IIs from a guy in a small apartment (with a girlfriend) who needed the money to pay for the La Scalas he'd just bought. He seemed very pleased with the La Scalas...

Helpful hint: get a black pair of LS. They start to look smaller over time. Some visitors don't even notice mine in the room.

Yep I know I remember the TSCM. Same wife, she got my Pioneer Elite H/T reciever and my set of 5.5s when i booted her. She lost everything, I am not doing the same. She did leave me with my 900 Cds and cornwalls which I though was GREAT LOL especailly after replacing the 5.5s with a set of my very own last week.

She and her boyfriend took me for about 10,000.00 last year I finally had enough and drove them to Iowa and dropped them off. Its been kind mellow these days. LOL

Jim

Marvel

The wife didnt care about the kids. She got us involved with social services one day while i was at work. This started a 3 year battle I won them back into the house, but she still neglected them too much. It happend again so I willingly signed them off to a good family. I havent seen or heard fron my Girls since 2-03-2006. I dont talk about it much its always hard to deal with.