Another winter storm for most of the country to enjoy!

Pete H

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

this is getting bad...i had to shut my windows.

That's bad, hope your OK.

I shouldn't have opened my mouth earlier. now the wind has changed and the temps are dropping, mildly compared to some of you guys. [:$]

We are just getting rain here. It is suppose to get like 60 degrees here tomorrow.

Tomorrow, some d[st]mn groundhog is going to get shot. And to think I used to live only 20 miles from Punxy (which, BTW, is also getting plastered with ice during this). The way they parade thet thing around, how the heck is it to know if it saw its shadow and got scared?

All I hope is that this mess clears up long enough for me to get out of here to Utah this weekend (although they are calling for snow/rain on Saturday - go figure. Just hope it doesn't start until my flight leaves Saturday morning). I just realized that my flight connects in Dallas! Oh boy, is this going to be whole lot of fun - between the weather and the Superbowl crowds I bet this flight is going to be PACKED. If we get slammed with another one of these monsters next weekend, I may be stuck in Salt Lake City for longer than I intended to, as I connect through Chicago on the way back.

As much as I love skiing, it is the only thing that is keeping my sane during the winter. There is a part of me looking forward to seeing nice, sunny, warm days again to go hang out at the river or pool.

Guest Anonymous

this is getting bad...i had to shut my windows.

That sounds bad,[;)] here is the view from my window today...snow, snow, snow, and you guessed it, more snow.

post-2101-1381963636692_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

So i got this warning in my email box, this explains why were getting a BIG storm. Came from Texas, Boxx, know anything about this? [:D]

Guess who's not driving to work today?[Y][st]

ENVIRONMENT CANADA HAS UPDATED A SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO AT 4:52 AM EST WEDNESDAY 2 FEBRUARY 2011.

MAJOR WINTER STORM WITH SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW TODAY.

THE MAJOR STORM WHICH WAS BORN IN TEXAS LATE MONDAY IS TRACKING NORTHEAST ACROSS NORTHERN OHIO EARLY THIS MORNING ACCOMPANIED BY A HUGE SHIELD OF WINTERY PRECIPITATION. SNOW..HEAVY AT TIMES ALONG WITH FREQUENT BLOWING SNOW WHIPPED UP BY STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO THIS MORNING..WITH NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS EXPECTED IN MANY AREAS. WIDESPREAD TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 15 TO 25 CENTIMETRES ARE LIKELY WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE IN A FEW LOCALITIES.

THE SNOW WILL BE MIXED AT TIMES THIS MORNING WITH ICE PELLETS AND BRIEF FREEZING RAIN ALONG THE SHORE OF LAKE ERIE.

AS THE STORM CENTRE TRACKS INTO NEW YORK STATE LATER THIS MORNING THEN TO NEW ENGLAND BY THIS EVENING..THE HEAVY SNOW WILL BECOME LIGHTER AND MORE INTERMITTENT BEGINNING IN SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO THIS MORNING..ACROSS THE GREATER TORONTO AREA TOWARDS NOON AND NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTIONS BY THIS EVENING.

THIS WINTER STORM WILL HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT ON TRAVEL WITH FREQUENT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND DANGEROUSLY LOW TO NIL VISIBILITIES IN WHITEOUT CONDITIONS.

THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

Guest Anonymous

Snow has completely drifted in my driveway. and the snow plow came by and dropped a huge pile of snow at the bottom of my driveway. Thanks Buddy[st][:@]

post-2101-1381963637051_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

So i've been searching the internet for a solution to my snow problem, found one, i'll be back in an hour or so...its got a hemi.[Y] bring on the [st]

post-2101-138196363715_thumb.jpg

I'm enjoying the 12 to 18 we got with 30 mph winds. Could hardly get through my driveway with my small 4 horse single stage Toro blower. Driveway is done but road isn't plowed yet. Can't go anywhere anyway. expecting 6 to 10 below weather tomorrow. Dang I love winter. Been through about 4 tanks of gas already in my blower. Can't even get on to the remote sight for the office either. Lucky the dish works and the internet. I don't know how the pioneers survived this, they must of had to read and talk to each other. Dang this post is my 666 the sign of the beast. That must have been the storm.

Our airport took 17 inches overnight, Merkin.

I've actually done quite well with the first tank of gas in the John Deere - 2 hours and I have the back deck and half the driveway cleaned off....one massive 4 foot drift down, one massive 4 foot drift to go (plus front sidewalks....).

This storm reminds me of Samuel L Jackson's wallet in Pulp Fiction.

27 in Houston and we just completed our third rolling blackout of the day. This is due to the state power grid (Texas has it's own) being overtaxed by the conditions in North Texas.

We're expecting ice tomorrow, and I will not move. Whilst you frozen tundra folks may laugh, Houston freeways are inhabited by homicidal maniacs under the best of conditions. Bit of ice or snow and one's survival chances dip dramatically.

Discretion is the better part of valor...

Dave

• Moderators

We're expecting ice tomorrow, and I will not move. Whilst you frozen tundra folks may laugh, Houston freeways are inhabited by homicidal maniacs under the best of conditions. Bit of ice or snow and one's survival chances dip dramatically.

Discretion is the better part of valor...

Dave

Yes I have been through Houston and on a warm sunny day you risk your life, it's like Nascar with a LITTLE less bumping into each other, and SLIGHTLY less speed. If you try to go a little slower you will hear words and see hand signals you never heard or seen before. [:o]

They need to tell the people in Houston that the loop around the city is not sponsored by Nascar.

So i've been searching the internet for a solution to my snow problem, found one, i'll be back in an hour or so...its got a hemi.Yes bring on the Storm

I sure could have used that this morning. Opened my garage door and had a 5'+ drift running all the way across. Three breaks and one

change of clothes, 3 hours later I was done. I think that HEMI would have cut my time in at least half. I am proud to say, I did

make it to work only 5 hours late. Oh well better late then not at all. 18+" of snow with 60+ mph wind gusts. The 18" would not have

been all that bad but the wind just made it so much worse. Oh by the way -15F tonight and single digit high for tomorrow. The best

thing about living in Chicago is you appreciate Spring so much when it finally gets here.

• Moderators

Agreed, this bunch of sissies have no idea what cold really is. They get a little a snow in the lower regions and it's a snow-pocalypse. Man up, you Nancy boys.

Stick out tongue

But I want to be a nice and warm Nancy boy, I don't want to ever see -- anything in temps. [:)]

If we were to get 1'' of snow and ice they would shut down everything for 100 miles, really.