RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Well guys,

I decided to get the RF-7ii's. I ordered them from www.acousticsounddesign.com along with the RC-64 and the RS-62's and although R&L Carriers did everything they could to botch the delivery, they finally made it here safe.

Here's a pic. For some reason the forum clips my image, but if you click it you can see the whole image.

QLNFO.jpg

I don't have the surrounds set up yet as the stands I am building for them are not yet done. After seeing the RS-62's I am glad I am overbuilding the stands, as these things are huge. Much much bigger than the RS42's they are replacing. Here are the stands in progress - will be black and have nice rounded edges when finished:

2Eom3.jpg

65PXy.jpg

I am planning on upgrading my subwoofer later this year, but for now, I am very happy. Need to run YPAO and calibrate everything, but I am going to be traveling and won't have time to do that until I get home.

• Moderators

It's all preference. Some say set them all to small and let your sub handle the lows. They play cleaner that way. IMO and in my setup, to mine and a friend of mine's ears, setting my RF-83's to large sounded more full and better to our ears. There really is not a right or wrong way as far as whether to set them to small or large. Try both ways and choose what sounds best to you.

• 2 weeks later...