Efficient Toilet

Rivernuggets

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wan't a crapper that you can easily fix yourself? And we all know they always need repairs after a while. Go on the plumbing sites and find out how easy and inexpensive they are to repair.

No, I will not go to a plumbing site, because that will only ruin my future dumps. And if that happens, I'll never know and always think, is this the last 1, before I have to reach back into my wallet. That will only kill the mood and destroy my concentration.

I just bought one of these today and it works great. It's a flapper that allows you to adjust how much water is used! It's called the "adjust a flush" flapper valve from Fluidmaster. No reason to buy toilets if you can just change the flapper!

http://www.fluidmaster.com/index.asp?bhcp=1

Go to the fluidmaster website, then to Products, then to Repair. The flapper actually has a DIAL on it!

They also have a NEW dual flush system you could install if so enclined.

http://webapps.easy2.com/cm2/flash/generic_index.asp?page_id=36083943

Sorry, but the toilet is not the place I'm going to be going out of my way to try and save a few ounces of water. The shower, or washing machine.......yeah. I guess if you have a large family and you feed them beans, eggs, and exlax all the time.........you might have a different opinion

What's important to me is a good reading light and good toilet paper ergonomics. I don't want to have any issues reading in a dim room and certainly don't want to throw out my back reaching for the wipeys.

• Moderators

Sorry, but the toilet is not the place I'm going to be going out of my way to try and save a few ounces of water. The shower, or washing machine.......yeah.

Good point

I went reading about some toilets in this thread because we will be looking to remodel a bathroom. After looking I thought I doubt I have never sat on a $900 toilet, and probably won't, here at least.

How good does it have to be for $900, all I want it to do is remove what's put in it, sorry I am cheap.

Yep, everyone logged in.

Then logged out.

Yeah....... But there could still be a floater passing thru every now and then . . .

Float like a butterfly, stink like a bee? If floaters are a problem definitely get one with a ten rating for solid removal. Don't ask me how I know.[:#]

• Moderators

Here water costs $1 per 100 gallons. It adds up real fast. So if your toilet uses an extra 2 gallons a flush x 10 a day x 365 = over $700 a year down the proverbial you know what. Wink

That's expensive, [:o] it cost us whatever a 3/4 hp pump cost to run, it's cheap.

Here water costs $1 per 100 gallons. It adds up real fast. So if your toilet uses an extra 2 gallons a flush x 10 a day x 365 = over $700 a year down the proverbial you know what. Wink

Man I feel sorry for you if you have to sit on the throne for a number 2, 10 times a day!!! [;)] Or is it a 5 person household?? Here in Germany almost all toilets have a button where you can stop the flush when it is only yellow.

How much are your toilets using?? We just had a new one installed that uses 4.5 Liters and if I convert that it is around 1,18 US Gallons!!! We never had any "problems", our plummer did tell us however to always flush full. Here we are getting problems with our sewer system because everyone is saving water and there is not enough pressure to "clean the pipes". It was just on tv that Berlin is spending millions of euros a year getting rid of the stoppage that is bieng added to the water bill, so they pay if they do and pay if they dont.

We typically have 5 people on the meter. When we have company (say 5 visit) for a 3 day weekend the water bill goes up $20.

Correction: The actual additional cost per year is $73. So after 10yrs you've dropped over $700. Right now we use about 7500 gallons of water a month and get a water bill of about $75 per month.

The toilets: Here in the states we used to all have toilets that used 4 or 5 gallons a flush. Now we are required to buy toilets that use approx. 1.5 G. per flush. Lots of those old toilets out there though.

• 2 weeks later...

At $1.00 per 100 gallons how do you afford to wash your clothes or yourself (shower)? I don't understand the "push" for the efficient toilet. Heck, you can't wash your car or water your lawn or garden at those costs. The toilet seems to be the least issue. Can you explain how you deal with these other high use activities like washing clothes or showering? When those same 5 guests show up and raise your water bill by $20.00 is that just for just flushing........how much does it go up for their showers or if you wash their clothes? You need to move out of Alabama.