Efficient Toilet

Rivernuggets

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you have a Sam's Club nearby check them for a nice elongated toilet. I recently installed two of these at my parents home. They love em. For starters they are about 2" taller than most. Much easier to get off of. They have two buttons on top labeled 1 and 2. You get the idea there.[:D] Price is about $100.00. Hard to be the toilet fo the money.

Well if you have a Sam's Club nearby check them for a nice elongated toilet. I recently installed two of these at my parents home. They love em. For starters they are about 2" taller than most. Much easier to get off of. They have two buttons on top labeled 1 and 2. You get the idea there.Big Smile Price is about $100.00. Hard to be the toilet fo the money.

Be the toilet...beeee the toilet....

"fo?" Now you're going all gangsta on us! [;)]

Sloan power flush. It uses less H2O and because of the power design it can still dump a good load. Yep, these are the ones that woosh with the sound of an Atlas-Thor booster rocket.

Wasn't such a thing coveted by Al Bundy in an episode of "Married with Children?"

DOFINY from Menard's...it isn't very expensive...I had a recent bathroom remodel and wanted a TOTO...they couldn't deliver in time and the remodeler already had this DOFINY...I went to Menard's and was disappointed when I saw the price and the installer told me, "I've had good luck with these and no complaints yet."...it has been three months and it works...just another thought for you to consider...

Bill

...do yourself the favor of an AMA (taller) toilet and elongated bowl...I'm sure you considered it already but much better...

When efficiency is the main concern, look for a horn-loaded toilet. It has the added benefit of lower distortion. Depending on the bathroom, you may want to install ***-traps, but if done right, you can just plop down in the sweet spot and let it happen.

Rivernuggets

Check out this link...amazing new technology that really works.

.8 gallons per flush, wow! That's amazing.

I ended up buying a Kohler Cimarron for $228 at Home Depot, 1.28 gallons / flush. Later on we'll buy another for our second bathroom. In the meantime I'm going to read more about different models. Especially that Niagra Stealth Toilet.

This thread is very illuminating. Thanks guys! Keep up the good poo, um, work.

When efficiency is the main concern, look for a horn-loaded toilet. It has the added benefit of lower distortion. Depending on the bathroom, you may want to install ***-traps, but if done right, you can just plop down in the sweet spot and let it happen.

giggle.gif

Okay......I am seriously asking for opinions on a toilet that won't use so much water. Our house has two toilets that are using too much every flush.

I've been looking around online and, like so many other things in our culture, there are too many options. I'd like a single flush model using 1.28 gallons at most, or a dual flush using 1.6 / .9 (or .8 or 1).

Wisecracks are inevitable here. Surprise Either way, give me some Sh_t. I mean advice. Thanks guys.

Want a nice refrig... get a SubZero, Want a nice gas-top, get a Wolf, Want a nice toilet, .... get a Toto. http://www.totousa.com/Products/Toilets.aspx

It's the kind of crapper the eccentric Architects love to spec for big fancy homes. Some have built-in vents that draw oders away and out the vent pipe. They make some Extreme Efficiency toilets as I seem to recall.