It's a farce! Scotty wins idol.

Are you kidding me? Scotty, likely the least talented guy in the top 10 wins it all. Somebody please explain it to me.

The wife watches it, Thus I do and I agree completely...He sounds like an old man if you ask me. Same tone in all his songs. I guess Americans like their bland country music more than I thought [6]

You all do realize it's teenagers who do most of the voting?

My 13 y.o. daughter voted 23 times for him I'm not surprised at the outcome. When Pia and James were eliminated, I knew it'd be a screwed up final. I still enjoyed the production though.

You all do realize it's teenagers who do most of the voting?

I hated country music when I was a teen even more than I do now.

but I do know that 3 times the population of CANADA voted...thats some crazy shizznat. You Americans sure love your country music.

Thanks for the spoiler. Snape kills Dumbledore.....

I suppose I can go ahead and fast forward to the decision now.

Frankly, I'm a fan of little Miss Lauren. Since when did winning Idle ever do anything but hold back careers. Think about it, Lauren can start recording, Scotty is that record labels bee-atch for a year or two.

My 13 y.o. daughter voted 23 times for him

Sounds like the current political elections to me; what happened to 'one person, one vote'? Although it is TV and JUNK it's just WRONG.

Not too many weeks ago my wife and kids went to a local Idol 'audition/contest'. They were presented with the fact that it cost $5 to enter and your received 5 votes for that; and for every dollar you paid over that you got an additional vote. So I could walk in with a $100 bill and vote for the same person 100 times. I'll leave it up to you to decide if that's the way it should be.

We watched it (only time wife will sit down and allow me to turn things up with her blessings)

I figured Pia & James would be the finalists. I couldn't make my mind up as to which one would win. Once she was gone I was rooting for Haley. I think she had the most interesting & diverse voice of all of them. Some of them have perhaps more pure 'singing voices' but they struck me as just that... someone who might stand in front of a mic and simply sing like a pagent queen and not be able to carry an actual live concert. In other words, lacking the entertainer factor.

Once James was gone I figured Scotty was 'in it to win it'.

I fell asleep during the final competition. I've never been too big into country.

My 13 y.o. daughter voted 23 times for him

Sounds like the current political elections to me; what happened to 'one person, one vote'? Although it is TV and JUNK it's just WRONG.

They actully encourage multiple voting. It makes it seem like more people are interested than actually are. Good for PR.

Well y'know they are both just kids. For Scotty his voice comes to him effortlessly. The young lady seemed too tentative. And like it or no, country is king in America. When we see a crossover artist like Shania Twain we see exponential success. I hope Scotty can maintain his simple Pat Boone character as he gets propelled into the entertainment genre. I wished he had sung some Johnny Cash myself.

For me this show ran out of gas years ago. It was interesting at first but post show success is fleeting at best for most of the winners and runners up. Some contestants have had some extraordinary success too, but the show is tooooo long in the tooth for me. Reality TV is an idea whose time has passed IMO.

Not a surprise Scotty won given the voter demographic. My favorite (of the two finalists) was Lauren. Such a sweet, on-pitch voice, cute smile, playful style. Heck, she's only 16. She looked somewhat relieved after the vote. I think she'll do better this way, in all honesty. She'll have the opportunity to mature, perhaps more slowly, before jumping in with both boots. As for last night's star-studded performances, for me, most kinda sucked. I did appreciate Tom Jones (although his face looked over-cooked), Marc Anthony (with Jennifer Lopez and Shiela E), and Steven Tyler (wish he'd played longer, and perhaps invited James to sing with him). What I will not miss is Randy repeating the tired phrase "in it to win it" after every damn performance.

The spin off that came over here is just as big of a farce.

Not one winner has ever made any type of career, other than in the tabloids. Casting shows are not my cup o tea but are growing in popularity here. Germanys next top model, Deutschland sucht der Superstar (American Idol), X-Factor ( American Idol) and the list is growing.

I bothered with this show for about three years; I tuned in a few times this year, but have found the results to be so skewed to teenage girls and their texting skills, am completely bored with the competition aspect of it. I like hearing some of the creative song renditions, but it looks like it's all being so heavily produced now, we are unlikely to hear a brilliant performance like David Cook's Billy Jean a few years ago...