The hot sauce fairy came today

dtel

I have to recommend the Melinda's Hot Sauces. The Chipotle is on the hotter side but delicious. The Habanero hot sauces are hot, but very flavorful. It is not just heat. If you are looking for heat, Dave' Insanity Hot Sauce is one of the hottest that still has some flavor. Melinda's is the best brand in my mind.

I am not totally into the hottesdt stuff. I stay away from "Ghost Chili" Sauces ( Naga Jolokia, Bhut Jolokia). I do enjoy flavorful Habaneros. I stay away from the habanero flakes I got for my father and his friend (all 50 lbs of them). They buy the XXXX Melinda's Habanero hot sauce buy the case (6, gallon bottles).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I have to recommend the Melinda's Hot Sauces. The Chipotle is on the hotter side but delicious.

It's the only Melinda's I have tried the Chipotle, it's one of the best tasting sauces I have ever tried, I ran out fast. The Melinda's is what got me looking at Chipotle sauces in the first place. Very good flavor. [Y]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Well it happened again, my sister the hot sauce fairy bought me another bottle today, it was ordered for my birthday a while back. It was very nice of her and perfect timing, the other bottle is very close to being empty, maby a half a cup left, almost time to panic. [:P]

I have tried some others recommended here, when I found them, I like the one with the rooster on the label, can't remember the name.

Old and new

post-11804-13819801818114_thumb.jpg

Well it happened again, my sister the hot sauce fairy bought me another bottle today, it was ordered for my birthday a while back. It was very nice of her and perfect timing, the other bottle is very close to being empty, maby a half a cup left, almost time to panic. Stick out tongue

I have tried some others recommended here, when I found them, I like the one with the rooster on the label, can't remember the name.

Old and new

Wow... Now does that look tasty....

"I like the one with the rooster on the label, can't remember the name."

The Huy Fong Sriracha hot chili sauce 17 ounces is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. I love this stuff.

I haven't been able to find the Chipotle Tabasco to try, it sounds like it would be pretty good too.

• Moderators

"I like the one with the rooster on the label, can't remember the name."

The Huy Fong Sriracha hot chili sauce 17 ounces is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. I love this stuff.

That it, when I first tasted it I thought it would be much hotter, it has a flavor that makes you think it's hotter than it really is. Good stuff.

• Moderators

......Dtel that is the biggest bottle of Tabasco I have ever seen!!!Surprise

I think it's the biggest they make, I was going through the little bottles kind of quick so i looked it up and found it's much cheaper (per ounce) by the gallon, a gallon is like $40, a little 5 oz bottle is $3-$4.

• Moderators

Dtel you are in prime hot pepper growing territory. Do you every grow your own peppers and make hot sauce? I've made extremely hot to very mild. Making them flavorful is the hard part.

Never thought about it, I have grown a couple different peppers but never thought about making my own, I need to look up some recipies. In smaller batches it probably wouldn't go bad as fast.

• Moderators

The Hot Sauce Fairy is in league with the morning after Lower back Pain Gremlin. Best regards Moray James.

PS: how hot is it? hot enough to still be hot tomorrow morning that's how hot.

Guess I am lucky I have no problems with my back and can eat anything any time of the day with no problems, good thing with all the stuff I try. I have no trouble with hot stuff except my lips and mouth burning, after it goes down I'm good.