Golden Jubilees - I Have Finally "Heard It"

The Pups also seem to have an interest in the Jub-Like Drone build.........

Looks like someone put a wet spot on the front of the right speaker?

Surprise

lots of extra posts here, watch out, only important posts allowed..... those of substance===== and don't post too often...................

Just a couple of pictures to round out the day, more to come of the trip tomorrow. Wanted to assure everyone that the items that were picked up are legitiment......... Here are two pair of WE 300B's for the Quicksilvers

Ahhhh.....A very nice touch there......

I know well what it is to find "That Sound", and have spent a bit of time here gushing about said successes. Some of us find that by way of used, clones, vintage, modified, or just dong a hello of a lotta cap rolling to find that ultimate success....it's all good here...

So congratulations on "finding IT" - that's one of my favorite aspects of the hobby is to see people get "lit up" when they "find IT".

Coytee,

Yea it does look like someone took a leak on the face. That was a test spot with some Wadco Natural. Can't decide if I want to leave them natural or paint the inside and backs black. Hoping to get the rest of the speakers installed today and get em closed up. Will probably push some sound through them tomorrow or Tuesday.

W. C.

Richard,

Rest assured, when I get these set up, I will make them available to anyone that wants to hear them (within reason....[:o]). This is something that I certainly want to share. If the Drones work as we hope, it truly will be awesome. I look forward to the adventure.....! The Golden Jubes are absolutely the pinnicle of my audio experience.

W. C.

In my personal opinion, there is NO amount of money that could buy what I heard yesterday. I was that taken by the experience. Music is a very emotional state and I was actually moved to tears by what I heard yesterday; how do you put any kind of price on that? W. C.

I think that says it all. Congrats on your new purchase [Y]

W. C. though I don't know you personally, I feel that I do. I also agree 100% with your thoughts on both negative postings and posting for the sake of verbal acrobatics. I do know Mike. He is a TRUE friend of mine and passionate in everything he says, has said, done, will do, or talks about doing. Mike is just that KIND of a man, with emphasis on kind. I met Mike a few years ago work. Ever since we met it has been audiophile heaven. Mike, eats, sleeps and drinks audio (amongst other passions). But audio was the magnet that brought us together. When someone tries to explain to you what something sounds like it is very difficult to imagine. It is totally subjective. But when several people tell you the exact same thing you have to take it seriously. I take Mike seriously. After hearing his Golden Jubilees my ears were tweaked up another notch. I didn’t just hear the music, I saw it, I felt it, I smelled it, I experienced it. Just as W.C. mentioned, it was an emotional experience.When I was sixteen years old (early 70's) I heard the K-horns demonstrated for the very first time and never forgot the sound, believing that one day I will have a pair of my own. I had already owned a pair of LaScala’s and Hereseys. One day Mike walks up to me and asked how you like a pair of Klipshorns? Besides wetting myself I said anyone would be crazy not to want a pair of them. He said that he might have stumbled upon a good deal for me. A few days later he asked if I was still interested. I said I was. That was when he informed me that he was going to give me his personal pair of tweaked out, most beautiful pair of cane grilled K-horns that one could ever have imagined. But before Mike gave me his pair of speakers he meticulously spent hours notching out the back of the speakers to fit over the baseboard registers so the speakers would fit snuggly into the corners of my living room. He spent hours putting together the speakers (they were unassembled for packing reasons). He also supplied me with a QuickSilver FF preamp and a pair of QuickSilver Mono block 100’s complete with silver wire interconnects and speaker cable. He also took the time to tweak my equipment by trying several different types of tubes in both the preamp and the amplifiers to get the most optimum sound reproduction. When all is said and done and after he was comfortable with the results, we sat down and listened. All I can say is OMG!!!So when you read about W.C.’s purchase of Mike’s Golden Jubilees and he states “ I had the opportunity to listen to the finest two channel system, yesterday that I have ever heard in my life”, it is true. When you hear someone say that you met a man who was truly passionate and kind, this too is also very true. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Mike for everything you do, for all of us.

arax (Paul),

You didn't quite give the FULL story about the Klipschorns, as I heard it........The full story IS, you donated your pristine La Scalas to the Performing Arts High School in Bethlehem, as they were in need of speakers for recording classes and the Professor was looking for Klipsch. That, in and of itself, was an outstanding gesture and support for something that you believed in. Mike and I both know of you passion for Klipsch, so what you did was a pretty selfless act, on your part. You were able to provide something that will benifit many students, now and in the future. You gave up something that you cherrished for the benifit of others, that my friend, is the ultimate gift....! What Mike did for you was a true example of "Pay It Forward" and it is a shame that more of it does not go on. Mike is pursuing and living his dreams; what can be better than that?

Paul, hearing Mike tell the story of what you did, put a real smile on my face. [:D] Thanks for chosing this subject as yor first post on the Forum.

W. C.

Klipsch is what brought this forum together and we all know it is all about our passions. Passion is something that we can share.

There is nothing like making someone feel good about something no matter how insignificant. Music is a gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you for your kind words W.C.

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you!

Congratulations heli001 on acquiring your own slice of audio heaven/history. I too, am glad these speakers were kept "in the family" so to speak. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion, particularly at this time of year, but I have to admit that I have a slight case of the green eyed monster. Somehow I don't think I am alone on this forum in mentioning that. [;)] There is nothing like doing your own Christmas shopping. Enjoy your new speakers to the fullest.