Audiogon Up and Running Again?

willland

Does anyone know how long Audiogon will be down for maintenance? Pretty much been all day so far.

This is the message that is displayed when website is accessed.

Application Offline for Maintenance

This application is undergoing maintenance right now. Please check back later.

Bill

When did the format change ? I looked 2 days ago and thought I was looking at a funny phishing version of audiogon!

The format changed less than a week ago. Now with my computer, every click of the mouse freezes up for a few seconds and hesitates to lock on. Also, the search engine is bad, very bad. It filters out too much and lets too much non related in. What's up with that. I want my "old" Audiogon back. Just type keyword "Klipsch" and you will see what I mean.

Results for "Klipsch"

Items per page 2550100200

Item Price/Asking Time Left Type
Klipsch rf-7 mkii in cherry $1,100.00 27 Days Classified
Klipsch Hersey II Black oak $375.00 15 Days Classified
Cornscala Model D custom made klipsch clone $2,950.00 11 Days Classified
Klipsch Large Tower KLF-20 Speakers in beautiful blond ... $735.00 25 Days Classified
Marten Django Be the first Pre Order now. $14,995.00 14 Days Classified
Dared New Mp-2a3c Int amp, Beauty, , best sound 2a3 set $839.00 7 Days Classified
Is that all the Klipsch for sale right now on Audiogon? I think not.
Bill

It is up and running but the new format is painful. I just logged off in the middle of brousing. It looks like they wanted to add some ads and links. They could have kept the format and inserted the ads, but the new format is just miserable. Serach a brand name and everythimg is mixed up as opposed to being in categories (turntables, speakers, etc).

So many websites dump their format when the format has worked for 10 + years. It is a shame.

Skimming through Audiogon's ads has lost its appeal.

As far as I'm concerned it's an absolute train wreck.

For some reason it re-listed a couple of things that I've already sold. Under the "new" format you can't go in and cancel an ad any more. This is a money grab. People (me included) were completing transactions outside of AudiogoN and then just cancelling the ad. When that happened AG got their $4+ listing fee but missed out on the additional 2% transaction fee.

What a mess!!!

That is true but the box disappears when you sign in. What is up with that?

Don't know -- I've been afraid to sign in.

The only positive I can see in the changes so far is that it "looks" better, superficially. The photo display system is better. But it's lost funtionality. Used to be you could click on the seller's zipcode and get the name of the town, click on the shipping cost and it automatically filled in the "From", "Weight" and "Value" fields for the shipping calculator. And I used to like to browse through the "New 2 Days" list and hover over stuff I didn't recognize, so I could see what category of equipment it was.

All that seems to be gone and the thing is wicked slow to boot. "Train wreck" hit the nail on the head, I think. They should allow people to choose the old-style site if they so wish. I'm guessing they really don't want to see the numbers from that kind of choice however.

Lou

It’s SO bad that it’s almost comical. Any developer that put out code THAT bad and called it “beta” needs to be flipping burgers for a living and NOT writing code. And what self respecting developer places beta code in production anyway? Especially on a site like AG that is responsible for the exchange of a LOT of $$.

I couldn’t figure out why I was suddenly getting offers on a piece of hardware that I sold 2 weeks ago. Well it turns out that they reactivated the listing. THEN someone bought it (again) using the “Buy It Now” button. Of course I had to tell him that it was long gone and now he’s ticked at me. He’s threatening negative feedback if I don’t make good on the sale. The only way I can do that is to buy one new, sell it to him and eat a $100 loss. That just ain’t gonna happen.

When I tried to go in and edit or cancel the ad I was given an ad for a Sony Walkman. I haven’t owned a Walkman in years. I don’t know whose ad it is but it wasn’t mine. Now I getting emails from AG badgering me to “update the shipping information” on a sale that I didn’t make for an item that shipped out more than a week ago.

Just pathetic.

I'm going to take it from the [;)] that you're joking.

In the mean time the would be buyer is seriously PISSED. He's now threating "legal" action if I don't hold up my end of the sale.

I mean... Come on dude... It's no secret that AG is having a TON of issues right now.

Go ahead... Sue me... I got nothing so you'll get nothing except a fat bill from your lawyer.

[*-)]