• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is a bottle of great bourbon,

two sticks of TNT each placed under each vehicle with a remote igniter and

patience. Sit a safe enough distance away, yet that you can still see the

rodents and the cars. Crack open the

bourbon, enjoy. When the rodents get

near, under or in the car, ignite the TNT, then enjoy some more bourbon. Problem solved.

Well, I have gotten about as much in the way of trapping devices, spring traps, glue pads and the rat zapper (2). I have been fairly successful in the elimination of several critters, mostly mice and rats. I will give this method a few more days then I will move to the shallow pans of ammonium under the cars and spray everything else down just for good measure, I will not spray the cars.

I believe this will get rid of most of the critters and give me some monitary relief from these pesty things. I would like to thank everyone for their input, it has been a great help, Thanks.

Cigarbum

I applied 2 gallons of ammonium to the floor and surrounding walls in the garage this morning. I hope this will run them out of there, it sure ran me out, that stuff in nasty.

I haven't seen any signs of Mr. Rodent in a few days, maybe all the deterants have worked, sure hope so.

Thanks again guys.

Cigarbum

Pressure wash the entire area you have where the car is located with ammonia solution. As in really good. Then do it again. Then do it again with bleach.

Then stop feeding the cats........ LOL!!!!

If I remember right from my less sane days, amonia and bleach form toxic fumes that can kill more then varmits. Considered tossing a gallon jar of each into a tavern at one time. My good luck that Police Chief's son in law shot up the place before I did something I might have regretted.

I think I'm more sane now. At least I have the keys to the locked psyc unit. [^o)]

Mixing bleach and ammonia is extremely dangerous, since toxic vapors will be produced. The primary toxic chemical formed by the reaction is chloramine vapor, with a potential for hydrazine formation. Here's a look at the chemical reactions involved in mixing bleach and ammonia, as well as some first aid advice if you accidentally become exposed to a bleach and ammonia mixture.

Chemicals Involved

Note that each and every one of these chemicals is toxic, except for the water and salt.
  • NH3 = ammonia
  • HCl = hydrochloric acid
  • NaOCl = sodium hypochlorite (bleach)
  • Cl = chlorine
  • Cl2 = chlorine gas
  • NH2Cl = chloramine
  • N2H4 = hydrazine
  • NaCl = sodium chloride or salt
  • H2O = water

Likely Chemical Reactions from Mixing Bleach and Ammonia

The bleach decomposes to form hydrochloric acid, which reacts with ammonia to form toxic chloramine fumes:

First the hydrochloric acid is formed:

NaOCl → NaOH + HOCl

HOCl → HCl + O

And then the ammonia and chlorine gas react to form chloramine, which is released as a vapor:

NaOCl + 2HCl → Cl2 + NaCl + H2O

2NH3 + Cl2 → 2NH2Cl

If ammonia is present in excess (which it may or may not be, depending on your mixture), toxic and potentially explosive liquid hydrazine may be formed. While impure hydrazine tends not to explode, it's still toxic, plus it can boil and spray hot toxic liquid.

2NH3 + NaOCl → N2H4 + NaCl + H2O

Duuuuuuuude! What's up with all these violence vibes, my brother. I suggest you make love, not war, if you know what I mean..

I mean, like, why not just have a sit down with the varmints. You've got a good sound system. Pop on some Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, maybe a little Credence, and share a blunt. Throw in some munchies and figure out how to divide up the garage pad so everything is copacetic.

Peace on.

Now if you really want make up the stuff as outlined above and then add some Drano to it. Run. If memory serves me, it blew the toilet up, or course that was a 1000 years ago.

So far the score" Cigarbum 7 - rodents 0

No, I would really like to have a hootnanny with the little critters instead, I will even bring the food, they haven't responded to my invite, yet.

Cigarbum

Duuuuuuuude! What's up with all these violence vibes, my brother. I suggest you make love, not war, if you know what I mean..

I mean, like, why not just have a sit down with the varmints. You've got a good sound system. Pop on some Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, maybe a little Credence, and share a blunt. Throw in some munchies and figure out how to divide up the garage pad so everything is copacetic.

Peace on.

Muskrat, muskrat halogen light
Doin' the town and doin' it right
In the evenin'
It's pretty pleasin'

Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug out in Cigarbum land
And they shimmy
The car's so shiny

And they whirled and they twirled and they tangoed
'cross the fresh waxed hood the Camaro
Floatin' like the headrest above
It looks like muskrat love

Nibbling on wires, chewin' on hose
Sammy says to Susie "Honey, would you please pass the Bose?"
And she say yes
With her kisses

And now he's ticklin' her fancy
Rubbin' her toes
Bumper to bumper, now anything goes
As they wriggle, and Sue starts to giggle

La da da da da ...

Peace on.

Muskrat, muskrat halogen light
Doin' the town and doin' it right
In the evenin'
It's pretty pleasin'

Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug out in Cigarbum land
And they shimmy
The car's so shiny

Nibbling on wires, chewin' on hose
Sammy says to Susie "Honey, would you please pass the Bose?"
And she say yes
With her kisses

And now he's ticklin' her fancy
Rubbin' her toes
Bumper to bumper, now anything goes
As they wriggle, and Sue starts to giggle

La da da da da ...

Now dat's what I'm talking about. Peace and love and America(n) too!

Excellent and very funny. Rock on my dude, rock on.

Squirrels. That's probably your problem. We live in the woods and they have chewed through my trucks fuel line, center cap off tractor steering wheel, parts of expensive wicker furniture now in ribbons, etc. We have tried trapping, shooting, eating, etc. and they are unstoppable it seems. Today I saw one jumping down from under my wifes vehicle. I degress.

Had 2 legged varmits going where they were not wanted. Tools and things turning up missing. Strung a single barbed wire for a warning, then separated multi strand wire and built a electric fence of it behind the barbed wire with a ground post driven into the ground. Kept the ground well watered. Neighbor's cat pissed on it and ran home on 3 legs. Later a friend said that this guy Eddy said not to mess around at my place because I had a really hot electric fence. Well I seen Eddy later in one of the restaurants. I told him that I had run the electricity though a transformer and it was no longer 120 volts, but 750 and the next time he touched one of my fences he would be there when I got home. That was the end of that varmit problem. Electrician later told me I was lucky I did not kill him. [li]